We got the babies footprints today for their birth certificates and for our baby books. I have to say that they have the most adorable footprints ever. They did so well with the whole procedure and didn't even fuss once.


Shaylie (left) and Tycen (right)
Scott brought the dogs to the hospital today. It was a gorgeous day outside and since I didn't make it out of the hospital yesterday, we decided it'd be nice to take the dogs for a walk.
One of my goals as a new mom is to be able to produce enough breastmilk to feed both my babies. I have been getting support and guidelines from the lactation specialists here at the hospital and they have me on a pumping program to pump about 1500 mL/day (goal for one baby is 750 mL/day) by week two of life. The nurse told us that we need to start taking some of the breastmilk home because they don't have enough room in their freezer for what I've pumped so far. Scott brought a cooler here and we were laughing at how big it was, little did we know that it wouldn't be nearly large enough to fit all my milk! It won't be long before our freezer won't fit any more and we will have to borrow some of our friends/families freezers...you said anything you could do to help, right? ;)
Tonight was the first night we didn't get the parent room since I was discharged from the hospital last week (the parent room is down the hall in the NICU). So, that meant Scott would be staying at home and I'd be staying in the babies room. I actually slept better than anticipated, so I felt very fortunate.
Shaylie got a large blister on her forehead today from the CPAP hat/tubing. We noticed it late at night after Scott had already gone home. The nurse called the doctor to take a look at it and get advise as to what we should do about it. They decided to take her off CPAP and see how she'd do on high flow nasal cannula. I was pretty nervous because she didn't respond well a few days ago when we brought her CPAP down from a level 4 to a level 3. Anyway, after this event I realize it was a blessing that I was staying in the room with them tonight. As it turned out, Shaylie did wonderfully off CPAP. It is so nice to see her without the hat apparatus on. She looks so much more comfortable. She may have to go back on CPAP at some point, but for now she is doing great with the nasal cannula and her blister is getting a chance to heal :)
**Please pray that Shaylie's blister will heal completely without infection. Also pray that both babies will not get any further skin breakdown from their CPAP or other sources of pressure.
Shaylie (off CPAP!! You can see her blister on her forehead)


