September 20

Today was another great day!!
Both babies had head ultrasounds in the morning. This was a huge deal because one of the main concerns with premies is a cranial hemorrhage, which is most common within the first 3-5 days of life. After much prayers, they both came back negative (normal)!!! We were so ecstatic. They will repeat the ultrasounds in about 2 weeks, and then again before discharge.
Tycen (holding mommy's hand)
I got to change diapers again (this is a routine of mine now, we do it every 4 hours), both babies had poopy diapers today! This will help bring down their bilirubin and allow them to come off the phototherapy lights.
I also got discharged from the hospital today. I have been trying to stick with Tylenol and Ibuprofen to manage pain because the narcotics make my head a little fuzzy. I may have to continue them every now and then for a couple of more days, though.

I am pumping breastmilk every 2 hours. Scott is very helpful at night in waking up with me and getting me set-up. He then brings the milk down to the babies' room to put in their refridgerator so I don't have to get out of bed. I am so pleased that my milk production has been better than expected so far. I think it helped my milk to come in by going through a major part of labor before having the c-section. The babies are getting solely breastmilk (which is administered through a feeding tube) and are tolerating it better and better as their intestines continue to develop.

The highlight of my day (and life!) was getting to hold Shaylie in my arms for the first time, for 45 minutes!!! They call it Kangaroo Care, which is when we do skin to skin time. She did so incredibly well with it, she was at such peace. I won't even try to explain the feelings I had during this experience, I suppose if you have children of your own you already know. I can say that it is probably the closest I have ever felt to the Lord, as if I was holding one of his angels :) Tycen isn't quite ready for Kangaroo Care just yet, mostly because of his chest tube still being in.
Shaylie (with mommy during Kangaroo Care)