I got to change both babies diapers and take their temperatures again. Shaylie had a HUGE poopy diaper, which I was so proud of :) I spent most of the day in the babies rooms. They are in two separate rooms right now with an open adjoining door because the 3 twins rooms on the unit are taken.
The babies were much more stabilized today, which made Scott and I feel much more at ease. They do "hat checks" 2 times per day, where they take off their mask and we can see their faces. Shaylie looks so much like me! She also has my hands and my feet. We're still trying to figure out who Tycen looks more like. He definitely has Scott's hands and feet and his blond hair :)
Shaylie (left, taken on her birthday), Tycen (right, during a "hat check")
My mom came to visit this evening! She will be here through next Wednesday. She is staying at our house and taking care of the dogs for us. She is also helping me with the baby room since I hadn't gotten a chance to organize all the gifts from my last baby shower. I feel so fortunate that Scott and I were very proactive with getting things ready...we already have our strollers, carseats, cribs, rocking chairs, changing table, etc. I have washed most of the clothes we've gotten so far, too, including all their blankets and even their toys and books (I'm a bit of a germaphobe!). There were definitely still things on the "to-do" list, but the major things are have already been done.
The highlite of my day today was being able to pick up both babies and hold them in my hands.


