Here are some Shaylie and Tycenisms that I wrote down. They say the funniest things and make me laugh every day. Again, it's their delivery that makes them so funny...but as I read these, I can hear them say it all over again and it makes me laugh :)
Tycen's prayer: "Dear Lord, I wanna pray for Lego Land, that everyone there is safe. And that we all love each other. Amen." (the kid loves, loves, loves Lego Land and talks about it all the time. Oh, but we've never been there ;)
(Riding bikes past our neighbor's yard)...
Tycen: "Their grass looks really nice...daddy, we should do that!" (our lawn certainly doesn't look as nice as it did pre-children, simply do to lack of time to manicure the lawn :)
Shaylie: (at park, pointing at a cute old man) "Aaawwwwwww...Mommy, look at that guy, he's such a cute old man!"
Tycen: "Mommy, I can't breaf right now because there are no trees inside."
Tycen: (sad) "Dad won't let me sew a dress for you, mommy."
Me: "Do you know how to sew, bud?"
Tycen: "No. But Shaylie was going to teach me."
Me: "Shay, do you know how to sew?"
Shaylie: "Wellll.....not exaaaactly...."
(After getting in trouble from daddy, he comes to tell me his version of the story, which I heard from upstairs)
Me: "Well, buddy, you need to listen to your daddy."
Tycen: "No. Daddy's not the boss. You are."
Shaylie: "I want daddy to be a police."
Me: "Why?"
Shaylie: "Because they're more cool. They protect people and help people if they get hurt. I really wish daddy was a police."
(At Esther Short Park)
Tycen: "Why do those people drive on the sidewalk?"
Me: "They're vendors, they have to pick up all the stuff they were selling."
(Later, talking about daddy's job -- continued conversation from above police convo)
Me: "Daddy's a mortgage lender, he helps people buy houses."
Tycen/Shaylie: "What?!?!! Our daddy??"
Tycen: (after some thought) "So, does he get to drive on sidewalks?"
Me: "I dressed up for our date tonight, buddy. See? I'm wearing a blue skirt."
Tyce: "Good."
Me: "Shay, did you change your undies this morning?"
Shaylie: "Yes."
Me: "Ok. They look the same as the ones you had on earlier."
Shaylie: "Mom, I have two blue ones that are the same. Just like I have two Belle ones that are the same. Yeah. God made them that way, mom."
(After going over a bump in the road while driving)
Tycen: "Woa, that really tickled my penis."
(After giving me a kiss good-bye, mid-afternoon...no clue how cereal was on the mind)
Tycen: "Do you know that everyday I kiss my cereal?"
Me: "Um, what do you mean? You kiss your cereal?" (I wasn't sure I heard him right)
Tycen: "Yeah, just my favorite kind."
Ah, yes, now that makes sense ;)
(After talking with the kids about where Uncle Jay lives and explaining North and South Korea and how Jay lives in S. Korea)
Tycen: "And his Santa lives in North Korea, right mom?"
(Seems so random, but I like his logic...ours lives in North Pole, his lives in North Korea :)
(After catching Tycen sticking his dirty finger in Lyssie's mouth and getting in trouble)
Tycen: "I quit on you, mommy."
Shaylie: "Do you quit on me, mommy?"
Me: "No. I may not be happy with your choices but I will never quit on you."
Shaylie: "But I'm your better child, right, mommy?"
Tycen: "I don't know who's gonna be my husband someday, daddy."
Scott: "You mean your wife?"
Tycen: "Yeah." (After some thought) "Lyssie, you're gonna be my wife someday!"
Tycen: (says this often) "Lyssie is the best baby ever!!"
Another common Tycenism the last few months... "I'm just a little boy."
"I can't do it that fast, I'm just a little boy."
"It's too hard to be good all day. I'm just a little boy." Etc, Etc.
He says it in the sweetest, most genuine voice and yep, pretty much works every time.


