Actually, the date we had them taken was very special to me because it was the exact same gestation (27 weeks, 6 days) that I gave birth to Tycen and Shaylie. I thought that it'd be neat to have them done on the exact date but didn't figure it'd work out exactly that way. Our photographer gave us two different dates to choose from and after running the dates by Scott, he chose the one that would be better for his work schedule. It just so happened to be when I was 27 weeks, 6 days pregnant...how amazing is that?!! :)
I had this picture enlarged on a canvas and we put it in our room over our baby girl's changing table:
This picture is framed in Shaylie's room (that she'll share with her little sister someday :)

I also enlarged and framed these two pictures and put them in our bedroom near our baby girl's crib:
God has been so amazing through this whole pregnancy. I anticipated that the closer I got to the gestation I was when I had Tycen and Shaylie, the more and more anxious I'd get about going into pre-term labor. While I do have some anxiety at times, I also have this overwhelming peace that God has given me, reminding me that I need only to trust in HIS plan for my life and for my baby's life. It's one thing to trust in God's plan for your own life, but to completely trust in God for your child's life is the deepest level of trust that I can think of. I'm so grateful for this pregnancy and the opportunity it's given me to walk closely with God, praying fervently and continuously, and placing my complete trust in Him.
I know that God played a major role in ensuring this photo shoot was scheduled for the exact day that I needed it, turning a day that could've been very nerve-racking for me into a very special day. And the day that my water broke with Tycen and Shaylie (27 weeks, 5 days) was Scott and my 6-year wedding anniversary. Again, I don't think this was a coincidence but instead, God helped make a potentially scary day for me a very special, celebratory day. I'm so grateful for the peace and grace I've been given this pregnancy. I'm praying that I'll be able to stay pregnant until at least September (36-37 weeks gestation) but I also know that God's plan is greater than my own and I put my trust in Him wholeheartedly.

































