Made with Love

My sister, Marisa, taught me how to crochet when we went to visit her in L.A. I had done some crocheting and knitting over the years but mostly had just made hats and scarves. She showed me how to follow a pattern so I could make stuffed animals/toys. It's a great hobby and past-time in the evenings after the kids go to bed.

I let the kids pick out what they wanted me to make them from different patterns/pictures online. They both picked slightly complicated patterns for my first project, but I was able to improvise :)

My very first project, an angel doll for Shaylie:


























Next I made this angel fish for Tycen:

























My next project was this bird for our new baby girl:













After using cotton yarn on the bird, I realized the type of yarn you use makes a big difference in how the project turns out :) Tyce picked out this rocket for me to make him next...












I always go into the kids rooms at night before I go to bed and pray for them, make sure they have covers and don't look like they might fall out of bed. It brought a smile to my face to see Tyce sleeping like this with his rocket :)










Shaylie picked out this bunny bride for me to make next. This was probably the most complicated of all (thank goodness for YouTube! :). I think it's especially special because I call Shaylie, 'bunny' and she loves brides so much :)














Shaylie loves her little bunny bride:

I decided to make our baby girl another little birdie...now she has love birds :)












The last project I made was this little heart pillow...I'm not a big fan of the shape it turned out so I think I'll redo it. I'd like to make all 3 of my kids a little heart pillow with their initial on it.