Tycen and Shaylie went to Vacation Bible School (VBS) for the first time this summer. It was one week (July 30 - August 3) from 9am - 12pm. I was so excited for them to have this experience and I was also very emotional about the whole thing...this is the first time I've dropped them off somewhere and not stayed in the building (like I do at church, the gym and MOMS) and as much as I love watching them grow up, it's really hard to let go of my babies...and I'm sure my pregnancy hormones didn't help the situation :) I also knew that this was great practice for preschool that they will be starting this fall! We had several friends that also attended VBS (including cousin Gracie), but most were older and not in their same class.
First day:
Last day:
They had the best time! I think their favorite part was the music they learned. At the beginning and end of each day, several middle-school aged kids would sing different worship songs that went along with coordinating arm/hand motions. Each of the kids were also given a CD with all the songs they learned over the week. Since VBS, Tycen and Shaylie LOVE to sing and listen to the songs they learned and also do the hand motions that go along with the songs. It is so cute. Their favorites are 'Waves of Mercy' and 'He Reigns'. I love to hear them talk about Vacation Bible School with one another and also with their friends, you can tell they are very proud of their experience :)