We went to the Hillsboro Air Show this year for the first time. We've been wanting to take the kids the past couple of years, but we've always been out of town or already had something planned.
These jets leave the Portland Airport everyday in the summer around lunchtime and the kids and I see them quite often. It was neat to see them so close up and also to see them fly at the air show...they were so low to the ground and go amazingly fast.
Tycen and Shaylie were fascinated with the parachuters:
Staying cool with some frozen lemonade:
This helicopter did a lot of tricks that we didn't know helicopters could do:
I bought the tickets a couple of weeks in advance and was a little surprised when the forecast came out for the weather...it was the hottest day of the year so far at 102*! And no shade. Whatsoever. Oh boy, this pregnant momma was hot! We did our best to stay hydrated and Scott brought a squirt bottle, which was a life saver. I even had my two favorite little people spraying my swollen, hot feet and ankles (which, btw, was so much fun for them because they are slightly obsessed with squirt bottles :)
We had a great time overall, despite the crazy heat. I'm not sure that we'll make it next year with the baby (it can get pretty loud) but we'll definitely take the kids again sometime!





