Oh, Christmas Tree...Oh, Christmas Tree!

We got our Christmas tree from the local tree farm like we do every year. One of these years I may talk Scott into cutting a tree down, but for now the tree farm is quick and easy and works well for us :)

We picked it out the week after Thanksgiving; we like to get our tree early and start our Christmas celebration the sooner the better! If any of you have been in our home in the winter, you know how toasty I like to keep the temperature, which isn't necessarily so great for keeping a dying tree green. But, since we like to take our tree down before we head to Southern Oregon for the New Year, it all works out well.

We got our tree on a weeknight, so Scott ended up meeting us there (which is why he isn't in a lot of the photos). I had picked the kids up from preschool in the afternoon and we went and got some hot chocolate before heading to the tree farm...





















We decorated our tree the following evening...My pictures didn't turn out too great because they were taken from my cell phone, which doesn't take very good pictures without bright (natural) light. Tyce and Shay were SO excited to decorate the Christmas tree this year!! They were great helpers!

Sipping on some egg nog:










Alyssa's first Christmas! So special!!



























Look at Shaylie...she was in awe of all the ornaments, literally, she kept saying, "Awwwww" :)

















We had a bit of a spacing problem again this year :)















I had to do a little re-decorating this year...normally I love how they decorate the tree perfectly imperfect...but it was quite cluttered and dragged down pretty heavily in places. They were much faster than last year and wanted to put most of the ornaments on the tree.












Overloaded bottom portion of the tree :)










Our three wonderful Christmas blessings...

















...Let the Christmas season begin!!