Alyssa is very sleepy most of the day and night. She's a growing girl! She has about 2-3 awake periods, some days more and some days less. When she's awake, she is usually alert for ~2 hours, sometimes longer.
At 10 weeks old, I was waking her to feed her at 10 pm before I went to bed and she typically would sleep anywhere from a 4-6 hour stretch. She did go 8 hours without nursing on a few occasions, which was so nice (she woke a couple of times but quickly went back to sleep when we gave her a binky)!
I have always been a very heavy sleeper and have never really had an issue falling to sleep. So, when I'm a little sleep deprived (or maybe a lot sleep deprived at this point) I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere...and remain asleep until awoken :P Thus, my very bad habit of falling asleep while nursing Alyssa...sitting up...for hours at a time. Boo. I can't even count how many nights that I wake up from a sitting position (in bed) and get frustrated with myself because, although I've been sleeping, my back aches and it doesn't feel like I was in a very deep sleep (which is probably a good thing since I was holding my little baby!!). Alyssa's pediatrician gave me the idea to set a timer that would wake me up after 20-30 minutes, but it was pretty much a lost cause, I'd either forget to start the timer because I was so tired, or I'd turn it off while half asleep and remain sitting. So ridiculous :P I'm just so very grateful Alyssa was always kept safe. Thank you, Jesus!
During the day, Alyssa nurses every 2-3 hours, but almost always every 2 hours. Like I said, she's a growing girl! :) She's also smiling a lot, which is the sweetest gift ever. She's very content most of the time and "goes with the flow" as my dad used to always say :)
2 month check-up stats
Weight: 13 lbs 8 oz (90th %tile) -- she gained over 3 pounds in just over a month!
Height: 23.25 inches (75th %tile)
Head Circumference: 15.4 inches (70th %tile)
I absolutely LOVE snuggling with Alyssa and if I'm not holding her, I like to keep her in the Moby wrap or Ergo most of the time. She loves it snuggled up close to me, I like to call it her "happy place" when she's tucked away on my chest. I have gone on a couple of runs, but I really don't like keeping her in the stroller too long; I prefer to do a lot of walking (big hills!) so I can snuggle my little Mooshie while carrying her in the Moby wrap.
Alyssa has been such a JOY since the moment she was born. We all cannot imagine our lives without her and even though it's only been a couple of months, it seems like she's been with us forever. We love her SO much!!








