MARCH
Shaylie asked me to take a picture of her and then did this cute little pose :)
Tycey was catching up from the overall lack of sleep we got while on vacation, especially after our red-eye flight home...he fell asleep on the floor in the hallway :)
The kids and I made these rice crispy treats for St. Patrick's Day. I kept telling Tyce and Shay we were going to make green rice crispy treats and I made it a big, exciting deal that we were making a green treat. I wanted to use all natural or organic food coloring...as you can see, they definitely weren't the bright green color I had envisioned :) I also used brown rice cereal, which didn't help with the whole green rice crispy idea, either. Haha, at least Tycen and Shaylie are pretty easy to please at this age when it comes to crafts/baking. They did point out that they didn't look green, though...I told them it was a good opportunity to use our imagination :)
Ever since we've stopped doing nap time last winter, the kids often will fall asleep in the car, especially if we drive anywhere after 2 pm. I often will try my hardest to keep them awake, but I'm rarely successful. I have many, many of these sleeping car pictures and I love each and every one of them :) They look so peaceful when they sleep...


The carousel at Jantzen Beach was torn down during their big remodel, which is a big bummer for our kiddos! Love our little poser... :)
I love this picture of Tycen and Shaylie with Sydney. She is such a great dog and the kids just love her to pieces :)
Watching Gracie play soccer:
One of the first pictures Shaylie drew of people. She loves to draw babies and mommies/daddies lately. She also is getting really good at and loves to color.
Kiddos helping me make healthy no bake cookies:
The kiddos finished their dance class at the end of March. I miss watching them, it was so cute. We may start up another dance/music class this fall or winter.
Fun at JJ Jump:
APRIL


Tyce and Shay still like to swing in the baby swings, even though they're pretty good with the big kid swings now. Shaylie is quite the little pumper!
Aunt Lynsey and cousin Samantha came to visit during Aunt Lynsey's spring break:
We got to celebrate both of their March birthdays when they were here:
Love the dress, princess shoes and most importantly, goggles :)
Tycen and Shaylie change their clothes more often than any other kids I know. They are full of imagination and love to put on an outfit that goes with whatever they are pretending to do/be at the moment. It sure makes for a lot of laundry, but we also get a lot of laughs with some of the outfits they put together.
This is what they were wearing one morning when I woke up out of bed...
These pictures make me laugh every time I look at them :) Tyce was wearing Shaylie's swimsuit bottoms...
So tough :)
Another morning greeting by my little princess:
...another morning outfit, the mittens are a good touch :)

Shaylie loves her princess dresses:

She loves them so much that she convinced her babysitter to wear her princess dress to bed over top of her pajamas. This is how we found her when we got home from a date night :)

Wearing mommy's boots:

Having fun at the store:
Scott took the kids out to eat one night in April when I had terrible food poisoning and had to stay in bed all day. He sent me this picture when he got to the restaurant...sleeeepy kiddos!
I was so impressed with this person that Tyce drew :)
Tyce and Shay love to wear their robes!
Shaylie loves puzzles and is very good at them! The princess puzzle is one of her favorites :)
T man likes puzzles, too. Especially his Cars puzzle:
Fun with Sydney:
Kiddos 2nd trip to the dentist:
Day at the zoo:
Hippos:
We met up with the Leigh boys:
Zoo train:
Trying on daddy's motorcycle helmet:
MAY
Happy May Day! The kids and I made these paper flowers on May Day.
My little cutie pie:
Shaylie was so excited about this lady bug she found. Then, she was so sad when it finally decided to fly away. Tyce was so cute and tried to console her by telling her he'd find her a new one. He really looks out for his sister :)
She did her own hair :)
Fun in our new pool on a nice spring day!
Being silly with mommy:
Shaylie thought it was funny to see me in her sunglasses :)
Watching Gracie play soccer:
More fun with the little bean...you can tell how much she loves it :)
Best buddies:
Early to Mid JUNE
At the fire station open house, watching the jaws of life:
Watching the junior rose parade in Portland:
I watched Kendal one afternoon while my friend, Valerie, went to a doctor appointment. Tycen and Shaylie were so cute and sweet with her! It was great practice for a little sister in their near future :)
I took them all to the mall (it was a very rainy day) for a change of scenery:
Shaylie has been talking about wanting to do this trampoline at the mall and we were quite surprised she went through with it! On her first attempt a few weeks before, she ended up changing her mind.
Go Shay!!
I took the kids to the library one afternoon and we had such a great time building different things together (not sure what these lego-like things are called :)
Tyce helped me with this airplane:
Shay helped me with this house:
She made this cube all on her own :)
They told me they wanted me to help them make this dog, but they lost interest and I ended up doing it myself (I have to say, it was pretty fun :). They agreed to pose with the dog, anyway.
Curly hair after a day of french braids:
I took the kids to play putt-putt golf one afternoon. We had a great time except for the crazy nesting birds that were dive bombing us all over the place. Luckily it didn't get too crazy until we were about to leave...one bird even landed on Shaylie's head, poor girl, she was pretty traumatized! I'm sure I looked so ridiculous, the pregnant woman swinging her golf club around trying to keep the birds from attacking her kiddos. It was interesting explaining that one to Tycen and Shaylie, "The birds are just trying to keep us away from their baby birds" and "No, I don't want to hurt the birds, but I also don't want them to hurt you so I'm just trying to scare them away" ...as I'm swinging away at them with my golf club :) Oh boy, needless to say, I don't think we'll go back until nesting season is over ;)
At their buddy, Dylon's, 4th birthday party:
Playing in the fountain at Esther Short Park...summer is coming!













































































