Shaylie & I and Tycen & Daddy had fun date nights this summer! We always wish we could do more one-on-one time with the kids, but with me working on Saturdays we don't get much family time and it's hard to split up on our one family day a week.
Shaylie and Mommy got all dressed up and went to Gracie's ballet recital. Shaylie was so excited to dress up like a ballerina princess! :)
We went to dinner first at McCormick's Fish House. Shaylie was a little concerned about the lobsters in the tank (...and so am I :) I love seafood, but don't really want to see it alive right before I eat it!
Entertaining ourselves while we wait for our dinner:
Shaylie was so excited to watch her big cousin dance ballet. Gracie did so great, we are very proud of her! We also got to see another one of Shaylie's friends, Hannah, dance.
Grace, Hannah, Shay and Danica (Hannah's sister):
Grandma Kathy with her grand-daughters:
After the dance recital, Shaylie and I stopped to get a fresh Strawberry sundae before heading home:
Tycen and Daddy had a fun guys' night at Big Al's:
I took this picture just before Shaylie and I left...daddy hadn't gotten ready yet.
Silly boys!
Dinner at Big Al's:
Tyce and Daddy were going to bowl, but it was really crowded and the wait was too long. They had so much fun playing all of the arcade games, though. Tyce especially liked the car and motorcycle games. He won a lot of tickets and got a bunch of different jets as a prize. After Big Al's, Daddy took Tyce to get some ice cream before heading home.
Our boys are SO thoughtful and bought us these beautiful roses for us when we were apart :)
The kids were so excited to see one another and share all about their fun date nights. They are not used to being apart and it is so cute how excited they get to see each other again!
Shaylie's cute pony tails after taking out her buns:
We had such a fun night with our little mini-me's :) And we look forward to many more date nights in our future!!













