In late February, we had a good snowfall one night and the kids were so excited to wake up the next morning to see snow everywhere! After breakfast, we got all 'suited up' and walked over to the park to play in it. The kids and I had a lot of fun! :)
Pulling Shay in the toboggan:
Smooches :)
Tyce and Shaylie's first snowman (with lots of help from mommy...I know, really shouldn't be taking any credit, haha, that's the best I've got :):
We found a very small hill to sled down, as you can see, the snow was starting to melt a bit at this point:
This is one of the things I love about living where we do. For the past several years, we've had at least one big snowfall where we can go out and play in the snow in our own backyard, so to speak. Since this is the first year that the kids have experienced playing in the snow, we were all excited to take advantage of another opportunity to play in the snow.
I mostly enjoyed being able to experience one of God's creations through my children's eyes... seeing the way they look at something, that over time we tend to take for granted, with such awe, is a true gift. I believe this is one of the great blessings of having children; I am able to look at the world through their eyes and experience their joy and excitement over all the little things that I have tended to overlook since being a child myself :)


