Tycen and Shaylie have been really into praying the last couple of weeks. We always say a prayer together as a family before dinner and also before bedtime. I will also say a prayer with them during the day here and there when the opportunity arises. I wrote down a few of their recent prayers, as I think they are just the sweetest, most innocent words...melts my heart! I can just feel Christ smiling down on these two little angels :)
Shaylie's Prayers:
First dinner prayer, March 15th, 2011:
"Dear Lord, Thank you for the daddy and for the mommy and Amen."
On March 16th, Shaylie was running around without any undies on. I noticed she had a little rash on her bum, which I hadn't noticed before. When I saw it, I told her, "Oh Shay, you have a little rashy on your bottom." She looked at me and said, "I wanna say a prayer." I told her I thought that was a great idea (I'm often telling them how God heals our owies and we often pray for our little bumps and bruises, which usually makes the kids feel better). Here's her prayer for healing: "Dear Lord, thank you for, uh, Shaylie bottom, uh, Jesus, Amen."
Lately Shaylie's prayers usually go something like this:
"Dear Lord, Thank you for mommy, daddy, Tycen, Shaylie, Sydney, mommy, daddy, Amen." :)
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Tycen's Prayers:
Shortly after Shaylie's prayer for her rashy bottom, she stubbed her toe and got an owie. I then overheard Tyce saying a prayer (he didn't know I was listening) that went something like this, "Shay foot owie, Lord... [mumbles]... Shaylie owie, Amen."
Later that evening, Tyce said his first dinner prayer, March 16th, 2011:
"Dear Lord, thank you for food, Shaylie's owie, kiss it, Amen."
Ever since their first dinner prayers, they usually request to say the dinner prayer, one and then the other. Shaylie usually lists all the people she's thankful for (often repeating mommy and daddy :) and Tyce usually puts his prayer hands in his mouth so that we can't understand most of what he's saying but usually prays for our food and something about daddy's work :).
We're so proud of our kiddos! They are truly so sweet and innocent (mostly ;). It is my hope that these prayers are just the beginning steps in their walk and lead to a deep and lifelong relationship with Christ.


