It's now safe to say that Tycen is officially potty trained! We're so proud of him!! He occasionally has an accident which usually happens in the evening and most often is when we are with other friends/family and he doesn't want to stop playing. At this point, I'm mostly reminding him to use the potty but occasionally he will go without prompting and he's pretty good about going by himself. In fact, he often requests privacy when he goes potty, particularly when he goes #2 :) He's pretty hilarious, he definitely likes to take his time and is always intently reading a book whenever I check on him.
Tyce gets stickers on his sticker chart now for every poopy he does on the toilet and also anytime he initiates going potty. When I remember, I give him a sticker for keeping his undies dry all day, too.
Here's a picture of Tyce with his 3rd potty chart all filled up:
...the prize he chose from the toy store was a package of airplanes and helicopters, which he plays with all the time and loves.
And here he is with his 4th potty chart filled up:
....we got him a new basketball for this prize; he loves going to the gym with his daddy and playing basketball! He also loves to shoot hoops at home on our small hoop and is getting pretty good at shooting the ball from about 1-2 feet away...he has impressive form, too! We're working on dribbling the ball now :)
Shay Shay filled up her first potty chart! We're so proud of her, too!! Up to this point, I've pretty much just let her initiate going potty. Now that Tyce is potty trained, I'm going to start encouraging Shaylie to try to go potty more. I just have to be careful because if I push too hard, I know she'll resist, and I really don't want it to become a power struggle.
Here is a picture of Shaylie with her first potty chart all filled up:
....the prize Shaylie chose from the toy store was a baby doll who we named, Stella. She absolutely adores this doll and takes her almost everywhere we go. One day, when we were shopping at Whole Foods, I handed my grocery list and pen to Tyce to keep him occupied for a bit. Well, Tyce graciously shared this with Shay, who then proceeded to color all over Stella before I even realized she had the pen. I wasn't quite sure how to react when I saw Stella, but I quickly saw that Shaylie was pretty proud of her drawings :) So, Stella now has ball-point pen scribbled all over her.
Shaylie is getting very close to filling up her 2nd potty chart. She has already told me she'd like to get another baby doll, Stella's twin sister. I think it's so cute that she wants twins just like her mommy :) Only, she's made it pretty clear, she'd like two girls ;)


