Tyce was especially quiet on the train ride, soaking it all in. I just knew he'd be chatting about the experience non-stop once he got off. Sure enough, it has been a very hot topic around here and he's often telling us he wants to go on the train again.
Emily and her boys went with us:
After the train ride, we put the kids down for a nap and I headed back to Portland for a spa treatment (an amazing organic facial with paraffin wax on my hands and feet :). After the spa, I headed over to the Marriott Hotel on the Willamette waterfront where I met up with Scotty. This is a very special hotel for us, as it is where we stayed the night we got married and also on our second wedding anniversary.
It was also a very big deal for us to stay the night away from home, as this was the first overnight we've had together away from the kids. We owe a huge thanks to Grandma Kathy for staying the night at our house and making this all possible!
After unpacking a bit, we went to the exercise room where I was able to run on the treadmill and we both lifted weights. We then went in the jacuzzi for a bit which we haven't been able to do together since before I was pregnant. After we got all cleaned up, we walked to a nearby restaurant that sits on a dock out on the river. I had a crab and seafood salad, my favorite :)
After dinner, we took a taxi to a very yummy dessert restaurant in NW Portland called, Papa Haydn's. I had the best berry cobbler a la mode with a cappuccino and Scott got a decadent piece of chocolate cake...mmmm, mm!
We woke up the next morning on my birthday and went for a nice jog along the waterfront. We then went to Starbucks and enjoyed a latte before heading back home to our kiddos.
Along with my wonderful spa and overnight with my hubby, I also had two birthday celebrations with our families. I am such a blessed girl! The first birthday celebration was at Grandma and Grandpa Haij's house and was a joint celebration with Nick, as his birthday is just 4 days before mine. Grandma Kathy cooked us all a wonderful dinner including her amazing salmon. It was a great time!
Love this picture of the cousins:
My second birthday celebration was in the afternoon on my birthday. Scott had to leave for an out-of-town work trip, so I was very thankful to have my family come spend the afternoon with me and the kids!
My cousin, Stacey, and her new baby, Jayde:
Tyce and Shay love babies and were so happy to hold baby Jayde:
Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special! A special thank you to my husband who was so incredibly thoughtful and also to my wonderful kids who bring me more joy than life itself. As I begin my last year in my 20's, I am humbled by the amazing blessings in my life; I am truly blessed beyond words.


