Lyssie had her first taste of food (zucchini :) a few days after she turned 6 months old...
We started putting her in the high chair a couple of months ago so she could sit with us at the dinner table :)
I had forgotten about my food mill and used my food processor to puree the zucchini, which didn't quite get it creamy enough. Once I used the food mill a few days later, the consistency was much better and she enjoyed it a little more :)
Everyone's so excited for me and I can't figure out why... :)
What in the world?!
Her favorite part...chewing on the spoon!
Here's a list of her first foods (all organic and homemade)...I tried to introduce them about 3-4 days apart, but sometimes was sooner, sometimes later. I kept track until about 10 months old and then I started adding foods more frequently.
Zucchini
Summer squash
Butternut squash (one of her favorites :)
Carrots (another favorite :)
Avocado
Peas
Yams (another favorite :)
Sweet potatoes
Broccoli
Applesauce
Spinach
Kale
Oatmeal
Brown rice
Pear sauce
Acorn squash
Cinnamon (mixed with other food)
Blueberries
Watermelon
Cucumber
Bananas
Cantaloup
Quinoa
Asparagus
Organic greens puff cereal
Sweet red pepper
Green Beans
Orange
Raspberry
Salmon
Grapes
Chia seed
Mango
Kiwi
Figs
Apricot
Turkey
Chicken
Pineapple
Alyssa is a fairly good eater, but at 10 months old she prefers things pureed and only likes her green cereal puffs and teething biscuits as finger food. Sometimes I can sneak other chunks of food in, but she's not too excited about it yet.








