31 Years Young & Work

I had a nice 31st birthday with all the people I love most...

Presents and homemade cards (the best!) first thing in the morning:












I do a little Bible study every morning and Tyce and Shay wanted to join me on my birthday...how cute is this?! ... They pulled up their chairs right next to mine :)















Moochie was sitting on my lap "reading" a book while we all did our Bible study :)












I gave notice to Legacy telling them I wasn't going to be returning to work like I thought I might. I really love working at the hospital and all the people I work with are so amazing. I had asked them to give me the maximum amount of time off possible and they gave me 5 months off work, which was very gracious. I thought that may be enough time for me to feel comfortable returning to work, but when February came around, I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving Alyssa for a full day. Besides the fact that the idea of having to pump while at work seems so much harder than it sounds. They are required to give you the time to pump, but of course they still want you to be "productive" and I didn't want to affect my milk supply in any way while I was rushing to get through my pumping so I could get to another patient. Anyhow, as tough as a decision it was, I just knew it wasn't right for me to return to work. My manager was very understanding and even though this was now the second time I've left Legacy after having children, she did say that she'd hire me back if I wanted to work there again in the future :)

I am still employed with Rehab Without Walls (RWW) and contacted them in late February letting them know that I could take a case when they got one. In the past, they had a hard time getting referrals and I didn't know if they'd have a case in SW Washington in a month or 3 months, so I thought I'd just let them know I'm willing now just in case something came up. Well, turns out referrals have picked up quite a bit since I've been on my maternity leave and they had a case for me to start right away if I wanted it. In fact, the day they wanted me to start was...my birthday! :) Haha, I thought it was a little ironic that I started back to work on my birthday, but honestly, I absolutely LOVE my job and so it was a fun time! So, I took a case and will be working 2-3 times per week for 3-4 hours at a time (for however long we are authorized for this client), which is ideal for me. I am able to nurse Alyssa right before I leave and then nurse her again right when I get home and don't ever have to pump! Woohoo!! Did I mention that I avoid pumping at all costs?! :)

The only hard part about working on my birthday was leaving this cutie patootie for the first time for a few hours. She had fun with Tyce, Shaylie and Daddy, though!












I feel so fortunate to be blessed with an amazing husband, 3 incredible children, supportive and loving extended family, good health, a profession and job I love and most of all, a relationship with Jesus Christ. I couldn't ask for more!