I'm now officially employed by 3 different companies, all as a per diem employee. I'm still employed with Infinity Rehab, although things have slowed down for me drastically, so I decided it was time to look for other opportunities. I started with a new company 2 months ago, Rehab Without Walls. It is a really neat company in that we specialize in neuro rehab and community re-integration. The company is well-established in various cities throughout the country and is new to the Vancouver/SW Washington area. It has been pretty slow getting things established here (as they informed me it would be) and I will be doing my first assignments starting next week.
I also got a per diem position back at Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital! Scott and I both agreed this is the best fit for our family right now, as it is more consistent work and I have the ability to work on the weekend, when we know Scott will be home with the kids. I told them that I'd ideally like to work about 2 weekends per month, which it sounds like they are going to try to accommodate. I will be working in the inpatient setting (since this is what is available on the weekend), as opposed to outpatient, where I primarily worked before Tycen and Shaylie were born. I will also be working in the outpatient department occasionally, too. I have been going through a lot of orientation and computer training (the hospital got a new documentation system since I worked there 2 1/2 years ago) the past couple of weeks and will officially start working weekends in early May. I'm really going to miss spending time with my family while I'm away at work, but I know that the kiddos will be in great hands :)


