Baby Z and Birthdays

Scott surprised me by booking a flight to Southern Oregon for a couple of days so I could meet my new nephew, Zaiden, and spend my mom's birthday with her. I had been wanting to go down for a visit but didn't think it'd work out because flights were too expensive, but Scott called a travel agent and was able to get a good deal. I left on Saturday afternoon and came back on Monday evening. It was my first time flying on an airplane without the kids and it felt very bittersweet to have them drop me off at the airport.

When I arrived in S. Oregon, we went straight to Kolleen and Cory's house to see baby Zaiden. He is so so adorable and precious.













It was an extra-special treat to spend time with my sister, Marsie, who was also visiting from LA:






















My uncle, Hal, invited us over for dinner, along with my aunt Pat and uncle Frank. It was nice to be able to spend some time with family that I don't get to see very often. After dinner, we went back to Kolleen and Cory's to eat birthday cake and sing 'Happy Birthday' to Cory (his birthday is the day before my mom's).

On Sunday, March 20th, my mom wanted Mar and I to go with her to the Key of C, a small coffee shop in Ashland where there's live music and folk dancing, followed by church. It was a lot of fun to spend quality time with my sister and mom on her birthday!

How many people can say they've been to a coffee shop like this?! ...One of the many things our family appreciates about the eccentric small town of Ashland :)







After church, we headed back over to Kolleen's house for the afternoon and early evening. We got lots of Zaiden snuggles and playtime with Aralia, which was so much fun!
























We got to end the day with a very nice dinner at The Ashland Springs Hotel restaurant, Larks:









On Monday,  Mar and I met up with one of my very best friends, Jill, to workout. I never have enough time to spend with Jill, but I am so thankful for the opportunities we do have. We've been friends since I was 2 years old and whenever we see each other, whether it's been 1 month or 1 year, it's like we were never apart.

After the gym, we headed back over to Kolleen's house until I had to leave for the airport in the afternoon. It was a quick trip filled with lots of quality time and good memories. As much fun as I had, I was so anxious to get back and be with my family again.

Scott brought the kids to the airport early and parked the car at Cascade Station so they all could ride the MAX into the airport and then eat dinner before my plane arrived. When I got off the plane and back through security, I saw Scott, Tyce and Shaylie waiting for me; this meant more to me than I can explain. I will never forget their huge smiles as they ran as fast as they could into my arms. I couldn't have felt more loved!







Scott took great care of Tyce and Shay while I was gone. Since I had the camera, he didn't get any pictures of all of their adventures, but they did have a lot of fun. On Sunday, he took the kids to the Children's Museum via the MAX from North Portland, along with Papa, Uncle Nick, cousin Gracie. On Monday, he took the kids to work with him for a short time in the morning (which is always a treat for the kids...one of Scott's co-workers has a motorized helicopter that Tyce is always talking about :) and then to Jantzen beach for lunch and a ride on the carousel. Tycen and Shaylie are so blessed to have such an amazing daddy!!