October 3 & 4

Happy Birthday Grandpa Haij (October 4)!

Tycen got his PICC line out!! He has been able to tolerate the fortified milk just fine and is steadily advancing his feeds. They actually cut back on his feeds today compared to yesterday because he had gained 70 grams (they like preemies to gain 30-50 grams max per day). I say pack it on buddy; he knows that the sooner he gets bigger, the sooner we go home :) He now weighs 3 lbs 9 oz!

No more PICC (IV) line!! (left) Our big boy! We love you!!

Shaylie will be up to full feeds by tomorrow morning (160 mL/kg per day). And...she weighed 3 lbs last night!!! We are so proud of our growing babies.

Shaylie smiles when she's hears her mommy's voice :)

As the babies are tolerating their feeds more and more, we are getting more and more blow out diapers :) Yes, I still love to change poopy diapers. Yesterday I got pooped on by both Shaylie and Tycen when I was wiping their tushies. Shaylie shot hers so far it hit the top of her incubator. I'll have to teach her to save those ones for daddy ;)
**Praise God for healthy digestive systems and healthy growing babies! Thank you all for your prayers :)

Tycen is still on CPAP. The nurse we've had the past couple of days made a prediction that he'd be off it within a couple of days. He's still on a level 5 and the doctor had talked about bringing him down to a level 4 before they take him off completely, so we'll see. The nurse seemed pretty convinced, though, he'd be off soon. She even said she'd give me a dollar if she was wrong; I sure hope she's right! :)
**Please continue to pray for Tycen's respiratory development and his PDA.
Tycen with his lovie doll (left) Get this thing off me!

Shaylie is still having bouts of apnea, although she is able to come out of them on her own. Overall, she is doing amazingly without any respiratory support!
**Please continue to pray for Shaylie's apnic episodes (and development of her autonomic nervous system and brainstem, centers that control breathing).

Shaylie loves to sleep...just like mommy :)