October 14 & 15

Thank you SO much for all of your prayers!! We have had a GREAT week so far!

The babies are 32 weeks and four weeks old now!!

The results of the eye exam were better than expected. The babies are in stage zero of the disease (no disease) and their blood vessels have already begun to vascularize into zone 3 (the periphery of the retina), which is advanced for their gestation. The doctors were very pleased and told us they may only need to do one more eye exam (vs. 2+ more like they typically do for babies born at 28 weeks) in two weeks.
**Praise the Lord for answered prayers!!

Yesterday (Oct. 15) was the best day yet....Tycen got his CPAP off!!! The first thing I did was hold him and try to breastfeed. He did great and just like Shaylie, he latched on immediately. Then I held him for about 1.5 hours, which is the longest I've gotten to hold him without all his headgear. This was such a special time! I held him several times yesterday and Scott got to hold him last night for a while, too. Tycen looked like he was smiling all day long :)

Since Tycen had his CPAP off and was doing so well, we were able to put the babies in the same isolette for the first time! I got some adorable pictures (that I will post as soon as our internet works again) of the two of them cuddling.
**Praise the Lord that Tycen is doing so well without his CPAP! Please continue to pray for good health and growth for our two babies!

Our doctors have been saying that we will probably go home at around 36-37 weeks gestation, which would mean we are about half way. Our nurse yesterday predicted that they'd go home at 35 weeks (that's just 3 weeks away!). So we'll see...should we get a poll started on predicted discharge date? Post a comment with your prediction and we can see who comes the closest :)