Garden Harvest

Our garden did amazing again this year (despite my neglect ... I'm not too proud to say that I do the planting and picking, not much else!). I learned a bit from last year and planted more of what we liked and less of what didn't do so well. Unlike last year, our lettuce this year did really, really well. Actually it was pretty funny at times, it grew so tall, we've never seen lettuce do that before. We had a lot of kale, too, which made for some great smoothies (with our new VITAMIX, yes!!!) and kale chips.

Our lemon cucumbers were plentiful and yummy.

Woa, lettuce!












Taller than Shaylie ...













We planted a LOT of strawberries this year, which the kids had a lot of fun grazing over in the back yard. Our tomatoes did great again this year.












Our zucchini seemed to have cross mixed with either our pumpkins or possibly butternut squash because the skin turned out very rough and not very edible. They also had a crazy shape, we're really not sure what happened with them :)












We also tried some melon this year, knowing we don't really have the climate for it (the man helping me at the garden store told me they'll grow about 50% of the time). A few cantaloup melons grew, but weren't very tasty (our honey dew melon and watermelon didn't grow).

Overall, our garden did great this year. I love getting our kids involved and eating God's raw and fresh foods right from our own back yard!