Things They Say...

Tycen and Shaylie make me laugh every day. I definitely don't write everything down but here are a few of the funny things they've said over the past few months. Of course, their delivery is what really makes them so funny :)

Me: "Are you going to get married someday, Tycen?"
T: "Yes."
Me: "Who are you going to marry?"
T: "Shaylie."
Me: "So, you're going to marry Shaylie and not Alyssa?"
T: "I'm going to marry both of them."
S: "But, I'll already be taken."
T: "Well, Shaylie can have one hand and Alyssa can have the other hand."
S: "No. You can only marry one person."
T: (after a little thought) "I want Shaylie to marry daddy."
S: "No, daddy is already married to mommy. He's already taken. I want to marry you!"


S: "Mommy, today at school, we were standing in line and Quinn kissed me on my cheek. Ms. Annie said we don't kiss on the face because mouths have germs and now I'm going to get sick because Quinn kissed me on the cheek."
Me: "How did that make you feel when he kissed you?"
S: "Not good because I just don't want to get sick and Ms. Annie said we just can't kiss on the face because it spreads germs."
Me: "I'm guessing Quinn likes you and was trying to be nice, but you know, it's not really appropriate to be kissing our friends. We can kiss our family but we shouldn't really kiss our friends. Next time someone tries to kiss you, you can tell them, 'No thank you. I know you're trying to be nice but that's not really appropriate.'"

Getting kissed by boys already?!! Oh my! :P


(Handyman-who we've never met before-at our house, fixing kids door hinges)
H: "Do you have school today?"
S/T: "Yes."
H: "Must be a late start." (apparently, he thought they were older)
S: "Yeah. We like school."
H: "That's good."
S: "Sometimes Tycen cries when we get dropped off at school."
H: "Really?"
S: "Yeah." (short pause and then starts laughing) "And sometimes Tycen goes potty in his undies at night."

Poor Tyce :P


Me: "How'd you sleep, Shay?"
S: "It's going to be a rough day, mom. I didn't get any sleep. Tycen woke me up two times last night. I'm tired. He always wakes me up and it's not ok. I need my sleep."


(After coming downstairs and finding kids with trail mix-including mini chocolate chips-all over the table)
T: "My brain was telling me I needed chocolate."


T: "Well, Lyssie looks like a boy so we have 3 boys in our family."
(A few weeks later...)
T: "Aww, Lyss, you're getting longer hair. Now you're a girl."


(The night after their first sleep over together in Tycen's room, we asked if they wanted to do it again-we anticipate Shaylie sleeping in Tyce's room for a bit when we transfer Alyssa to Shaylie's room)
S: "No. I don't want to do that again."
Me: "Really? Why not?"
S: "Because Tyce kept waking me up all night. He kept tooting in his pillow...and talking. And tooting and talking. All night. I couldn't sleep."


(Tyce and Shay wanted to make signs to hang on their room door)
S: "I want mine to say, 'No brothers allowed in my room.'"
Me: "Really? But what if you want to play with Tycen?"
S: (very innocently) "Well, he doesn't like girls."
T: (matter-of-factly) "Yes I do."
(After making their signs, Shaylie comes to show me hers...'No brothers allowed crying or yelling in my room.')
S: "See mom. I still love Tycen even when he hits and pushes me." (?? ...guessing because she didn't say 'No brothers hitting or pushing in my room' ??)

Their finished products:










I like how Tycen's ended up saying "crying Tycens room", haha :)










T: "When you're 63...you'll be bigger than a mouse!"
S: "You're bigger than a mouse now!"

?? huh? :)


T: "Jackle Mikeson says 'Ow' but he doesn't have an owie." (Jackle Mikeson is what they call Michael Jackson :)


T: "How come Kai and Oma and Gramps don't have a dog? And why don't they have any stairs in their house? Is it because Gramps is an old man?"

:) hehe


Oh, these two are too funny! Again, their delivery is what makes what they say so hilarious. When they aren't driving me nuts, they're cracking me up. I love them to pieces!! :)