Sleepover

At our Christmas celebration at Aunt Nancy's house, Gramps jokingly made a comment about Shaylie going home with them to Olympia. Well, Shaylie didn't hesitate for a second and had her mind made up...she was going to have a sleepover with Gramps, Oma and Kai.

We had planned to drive up to Olympia the next morning, anyway, for an extended Christmas celebration together so we decided to let her travel back with them and have her first sleepover at Gramps' house. She's such a brave little cookie! :) In fact, she was much braver than Scott and I, we had a hard time letting her go. She's had sleepovers before, but never so far away from us. She was beyond excited and nothing was going to stop her from going! Tyce really missed Shaylie and kept saying that he wished she didn't go. He couldn't wait to go get her the next morning!

We hadn't packed her a bag, so she borrowed some of Kai's old pj's. They also had an extra toothbrush for her...she was very well taken care of :) I was most nervous about bedtime and whether or not she'd get scared or change her mind and want to come home. Well, apparently she had no problem at all and fell asleep quickly. Here she is sleeping in Kai's room on his floor, he let her sleep with his little doggie :)










Enjoying the morning before the rest of us arrived...

Playing legos with Kai:






















Feeding the fish:












Decorating Christmas cookies:










Snuggle time with Gramps:












Headed outside to play:












Making pizzas with Oma...they really got some good bonding time in! :)












Thanks for taking such great care of our big little girl, Oma and Gramps! Shaylie had the best time and can't wait to do it again :)

We all had a fun Christmas celebration together, however, I apparently slacked off on taking pictures because I cannot find any on my computer. I know, not like me! :P