Things They Say...

Tycen and Shaylie make us laugh every day. They say some of the funniest things and are always keeping us on our toes! I try to write down some of the funny things they say, but it's never as funny when reading the words because it's their delivery that makes them so hilarious. Here are just a few Tycen and Shaylie-isms from the past several months...

Tyce: Daddy, do you have a boobie on your arm?
Scott: A boobie?
Tyce: Yeah, a boobie.
Scott: What do you mean?
Tyce: Sometimes when you get an owie, you can call it a boobie.
Scott: No, that's a booboo, T.
*
Shaylie: Mom, I love you to South America! (We now use this one often :)
*
[After finding his dirty laundry basket spread all over his room],
Tycen: Mom, we don't know all the rules. You have to remind us. Cuz we just don't know.
*
[Shaylie was getting irritated with Tycen and was talking very rudely to him]
Me: Hey Shay, I want you to speak kindly to Tycen.
Shay: Mom, you talk how you want to talk and I talk how I want to talk. [Oohhh, boy!]
*
[When talking to Tycen and Shaylie about if they wanted a little sister/brother--before I was pregnant with Alyssa]
Shay: Can I pet your baby in your tummy?
Me: I don't have a baby in my tummy.
Tyce: You can pet me, Shaylie.
*
[When talking about their baby sister, once I was pregnant with Alyssa]
Tyce: Are we gonna keep her, mommy?
*
Tyce: Mom, I know what I'm going to be when I grow up.
Me: Oh, great! What is it, bud?
Tyce: A teacher.
Me: Neat! I bet it'd be fun to be a teacher. What grade?
Tyce: First grade. I think Shaylie wants to be that, too.
Shay: No! I'm going to be Cinderella.
*
Tyce: Someday, when I grow up, I'm gonna be a spaceman or rocket man.
Shay: Someday when I grow up, I'm gonna be a princess.
Tyce: Ooooohhhhhh, that's so pretty!
*
Tyce: Mom, I wanna be a duckie when I grow up.
Me: Like an Oregon Duck?
Tyce: No, like a real duckie. I'll be a talking duck.
Me: Wow, a real duck!
Tyce: Yeah. Either that or a person who finds dinosaur bones.
Me: Oh, I see. So either a duck or a paleontologist. Cool! :)
*
Me: Did you have fun at the air show seeing all the airplanes?
Shay: Mom, I like pretty and cute things like babies and dolls. I don't like cool things like airplanes or jets.
*
Tyce: Shaylie doesn't go poop.
Me: Why?
Tyce: Because she doesn't have a penis. You poop with your penis.
*
[When daddy was hugging Shaylie at bedtime]
Shay: Daddy, you smell like a disaster.
*
Shay: Tyce, why aren't you wearing a shirt? I can see your boobies. [Tyce was in his swimsuit]
Tyce: You can't touch my boobies!
Shay: Well, I can touch your boobies cuz they're little. But you can't touch my boobies.
*
Me: Goodnight, Shaylie. I love you. God loves you.
Shay: Hey, mom.
Me: Yeah?
Shay: God loves you, too! :) [Aww, so sweet!]