Tycen and Shaylie had a big family birthday party on Saturday, September 18th. We decided to do it at our house this year, which was a good thing because there was steady rain outside all afternoon. It made for a house full of family and fun!
Here are some pictures from the party ...
Cake Time!
Tyce and Shay had their first taste of chocolate at their 2nd birthday party. I wish I could say that I made their cake again this year, but I decided to order one from Whole Foods, instead. We were very pleased with how it turned out!
I love how Tyce is trying not to smile as we're singing 'Happy Birthday' to him..
They're getting to be so big... they both blew out their own candles!
I think Tyce and Shay were more impressed with the blueberries and strawberries on top of their cupcakes than they were with the actual cake :)

We got all our rain-gear on so Tyce and Shay could open their last present.... BIKES! Gramps, Oma and Kai got our kids their first balance bikes!! Our kids have been anxiously awaiting this day for several months now, especially Tycen. Everytime we'd go to the park, Tyce would run straight to the bike rack and climb and play on other kids' bikes. Well, this didn't always go over so well with the owner of the bikes, so as I'd peel him away (over and over again) I'd have to remind him that he'd be getting his own bike on his birthday.
So happy!
Thank you to everyone who traveled near and far to party with us in celebration of our kids' 2nd birthday! We had such a special day because of you. We love you all so much and are so grateful for each and every one of you!!
And thank you to our two little angels, Tycen and Shaylie, for giving us such a wonderful reason to celebrate! Our lives are filled with joy everyday because of your bright smiles, contagious laughter and warm hearts. We love you more than words can say. There is nothing that we wouldn't do for you. We are your greatest fans and we know the Lord has great plans for you. We are so thankful for each day we get to watch you grow...





