At Tycen and Shaylie's 2-year check-up, their doctor was very impressed with how much they've grown since she's seen them last. She said that developmentally they are on track or ahead of their peers. She was also impressed with their speech and said that they are advanced for their age (most 2 year-olds are expected to be able to say 2-word phrases, but Tyce and Shay can put some short sentences together and love to sing songs). This was nice to hear since at their 18-month check-up Tyce was a little behind in speech. I cannot say I was too surprised, though, because these kiddos love to talk. They are still quite shy around strangers or people they aren't used to seeing on a regular basis, but once they get going, they typically don't stop (which I absolutely love... as long as it's not in a whiny tone of voice :). I'm sure all this jabbering is just a taste of what's to come in the following years!
Dr. Jones was a little concerned that Tycen is still in a crib and not a toddler bed since he can climb into his crib with ease and does so on a daily basis (usually several times per day). He has yet to climb out of his crib, I'm guessing because he thinks he's not supposed to. After talking with Scott a bit, we're still not convinced he needs a toddler bed yet. This boy has a strong upper body and has shown us some seriously skillful climbing abilities...he's our little monkey. We think if he were to attempt climbing out, he'd do so gracefully ... or gracefully enough :)
Little Shay Shay is a pretty skillful climber, as well, but she's a little more apprehensive when it comes to heights or more daring activities, which is more than fine with us! In other words, we don't anticipate Shaylie attempting to climb out of her crib :)
Shaylie's stats:
Height: 34.5 inches (60th percentile)
Weight: 26 lbs (40th %tile)
Tycen's stats:
Height: 36 inches (85th %tile)
Weight: 28 lbs (45th %tile)
Their next well-child check-up isn't until they're 3 years old. I can't believe we went from seeing the pediatrician every 2 weeks to now every year. Seems so crazy and yet, such a blessing! Praise Jesus!!


