Tycen John, my sweet buggy boy,
I'm writing you this letter just before your first birthday. Never could I have imagined how much joy you'd bring to my life in one year and how much I could love another human being as much as I love you. You have the most amazing spirit. I have never in my life seen another person as expressively happy as you. Your smile is so genuine and adorable, it shines and brightens the world around you. And your laugh is very contagious. I believe these are gifts from God to all those who surround you. I'm not exaggerating when I say that nearly everyone who passes you in public is drawn to you by your abundant joy and you always make them smile. This is an amazing gift you have, Tyce, and I hope you will always let your spirit shine.
"...Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven." Matthew 5:16
There will be times in your life that you may not always feel happy, but keep your faith in the LORD and trust in Him, for He will always fill your heart with happiness and contentment. In the relatively short time you've been alive, you've already overcome so much. Not being able to protect you from all you've endured in your first two months of life was probably the hardest thing I've ever experienced. But, Tyce, you've proved to me over and over that you have incredible strength and determination. I still thank the LORD everyday for giving you these traits that got you through that precious time in your life. I'm so confident that with your vibrant, joyous personality and loyal, strong and determined character, you will naturally accomplish amazing things in your life. Just remember to always follow your heart, strive daily to build your relationship with Christ, and truly believe in yourself.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3
I will always believe in you. I know we will always have a special bond and I pray we will always be very close. Thank you for being my son and bringing me so much joy and happiness. I look forward to each day I get to spend with you, watching you grow, teaching you and learning from you. I love you more than these words express and probably more than you will ever know. God bless you.
Love and kisses,
Mommy


