Shaylie Faith, my sweet little bunny girl,
I'm writing you this letter just before your first birthday. Ever since I was a little girl, I always dreamed of having my own little girl. And now, here you are. I knew before I met you that I'd love you with all my heart, but never could have imagined how incredible that love would feel. You are the most wonderful gift from God and answer to many prayers. Shaylie, you have such an inspiring innate joy - I love to watch you as you are sitting or playing by yourself and you don't know anyone is watching, you have these bursts of excitement that tell me you are blessed with a pure heart of happiness. I hope you never lose this. My prayer for you, Shaylie, is that you will have a close relationship with Jesus Christ and that you will always trust in Him.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
He will not keep you from hard times, Shay Shay, but He will use those hard times to shape and mold you in to the best person you can be and He will always give you the strength you need to get through.
"God is faithful, and He will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with your testing He will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13
God showed me how truly strong and amazing you are from the day you were born. I was so scared and worried for you, being born three months early and under 2 1/2 pounds, you seemed so fragile. But you beat all the odds, Shay Shay, and you got through that hard time that no baby should have to go through. You are an absolute miracle. And I know God has wonderful things planned for your life.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3
Just remember to always trust in the LORD, follow your heart, believe in yourself, and keep that innate joy inside yourself. People who enter your life will be blessed to know you. I know I am. I pray we will always be very close and have a very special relationship. Please never forget how much I love you, support you and believe in you. I will always be there for you, Shaylie, no matter what. You are my sweet angel girl. I look forward to each day I get to spend with you, watching you grow, teaching you, and learning from you.
I love you more than these words could ever express to you. God bless you.
Love and kisses,
Mommy


