Special Times


For the past 6 weeks I have been doing weekly one-on-one time with Tycen and Shaylie. On Tuesday morning I take one of them to Kindermusik and on Friday morning I take the other one to the library for toddler storytime. Then I switch them the next week. It is so great to be able to spend one-on-one time with my babies and give them my absolute undivided attention. I know they really like it, too. They also like being able to get out of the house in the mornings (normally when I have the two of them all day, we don't get out until the afternoons) and do something exciting with other children. It's cute, though, because I do feel like they are looking for their sibling and they both get very excited when we come back home and see whoever didn't go out that day.

Of course, this wouldn't even be possible if I didn't have Grandma Haij come over and watch the other baby. I am SO grateful for her support, love and willingness to help out as much as possible. She is truly amazing. Grandma Haij comes over every Tuesday and Friday (as I mentioned before) and also on Wednesday mornings while I go to M.O.M.S, a church group that stands for 'Moms Offering Moms Support.' She also will come over other mornings, too, so that I can go workout. This is so unbelievably helpful and I know that my life as a young mom wouldn't be the same if I didn't have her help.
Grandma Haij is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. She is so great with Tycen and Shaylie and it's very obvious how much she loves and adores them. Not only does she come and stay with them while I'm out, but she also helps a ton around our house (cleaning, doing laundry, putting laundry away, etc...). We never ask, she just looks around and helps where she feels like we need it. And she is never looking for recognition either. So many times she'll do something and we won't even realize until later in the day or several days later. Like I said, I'm SO grateful to have her in our lives. She is the best mother-in-law I could ask for and our children are blessed to have such a wonderful woman and role model for a grandmother!! We love you, Kathy!