With all that said, Grandma Jan offered to take them both to Southern Oregon after her visit to Vancouver. We decided that just Shaylie would go because 1) it'd be good for them to be apart and 2) Tyce really doesn't like sleepovers away from mommy and daddy (and Shay loves them! :)
So, Shaylie drove to Southern Oregon with Grandma Jan and Aunt Mar in the end of June (24th). We were all planning to go down for the 4th of July, like we have been doing every year, so we figured it was perfect timing and we'd just bring her back with us after our trip. She was beyond excited to go and there was no ounce of hesitation in her leading up to the trip. As nervous and sad as I was to see her go, I was also very excited for her to get to spend such quality time with her Grandma, aunties and cousins in S. Oregon. I have so many priceless memories of weeks spent with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins growing up and I knew it'd be something Shaylie would never forget.
Saying good-bye to our girl...
You can see Tyce hanging his head here...he really didn't want Shaylie to go!
Shay Shay fell asleep for part of the drive...
Scott and I were surprised to get a call before bedtime her first night away from a very sad little girl who really wanted her mommy and daddy. She had never been sad before on any other overnights and she acted like she'd be completely fine being away from us when we talked about her going the weeks leading up to her trip. I'm guessing she was just really tired but nevertheless, we felt pretty helpless and sad for our little girl. We knew she was in great hands, though, and that she'd be super excited when she woke up in the morning...which she was :)
On her way to the grower's market with Grandma Jan:
And Lithia Park:
Tinker Bell costume Grandma Jan bought for our sweet girl:
These girls love to be together...and also bicker/fight just as much if not more than Shaylie and Tycen do...
Such an adorable picture of Ray Ray, Z-man and Shay sunbathing in Grandma Jan's pool:
Aunt Mar and Shaylie really bonded a lot during this trip...Mar was staying with Grandma Jan and spent a lot of time with Shay...she's such a great auntie!

Headed to a birthday party for a family friend's little girl, Ashlyn. It was at a water park in Ashland.

Originally, I was going to fly down with Alyssa the same day that Scott drove down with Tycen, just before the 4th of July. Shaylie had such a great time, but really wanted me to come down and be with her, too. It was a long time for us to be apart, so I ended up switching our flight to June 30th so I could be with my girl. Oh, how I missed her dearly!!
Thank you, Grandma Jan and Aunt Mar for taking such great care of our little big girl! We knew she'd have a wonderful time with you and that she did!! It was so great for her to have some undivided attention and she definitely got lots and lots of love from you both. These are memories that I am certain she'll always hold dear to her heart! We love you!! Xoxoxo













