Merry Christmas

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." --Isaiah 9:6

 We had such a fun Christmas this year! Tycen and Shaylie woke up at their usual time on Christmas morning and were so excited to see if Santa Claus had come to our house.












As excited as she was, Shaylie was also a little nervous and wasn't quite sure she wanted to go downstairs, I think she thought Santa might still be at our house :)












Checking out Santa's cookies:










I started working on these stockings in November and was hoping to finish them before Christmas, but didn't quite make it...so close!













After working so hard on them and seeing the kids so excited about them, I decided to improvise and tried to use their new stockings the best way I could without them being completely finished:









Helping Sydney open her Christmas stocking:









Daddy opening his stocking...this is an on-going joke that I have with Scott, I got him this money clip with his initials for a wedding gift and he has never used it. He keeps it in his nightstand drawer and never looks at it, so every year for Christmas I put it in his stocking. I don't know why I think it's so funny, but he's always surprised and it makes me laugh every time :)




















The kids opened a few presents before breakfast:









Tycen's gift from mommy and daddy, a new couch for his room with a Thomas pillow, some new books and motorized Thomas train:









Shaylie's present from mommy and daddy, a new tea set and table and chair set for her room:









Tycen's gift from Santa, a helicopter:
















Shaylie opening her present from Tyce, a new Little People tree house to go with her doll house:











Shaylie got Tycen a new Thomas train station/track for Christmas (I didn't get a picture of him opening it, but he was excited :)

Tyce and Shay both got some new tennis shoes, too. Tyce was so excited, he couldn't wait to get his on and run around in them:












Shaylie's present from Santa, a new doll. I'm sure Santa was a little hesitant to get Shaylie a new doll since she has so many dolls already, but she plays with them ALL the time and takes wonderful care of them, she loves her dolls so much!













Helping Sydney open her present:









After opening some presents, I made Jesus' birthday cake (our traditional dutch babies) for breakfast and we sang 'Happy Birthday' to Jesus.











A new puzzle from Grandma Jan:









After breakfast, some family time playing with all our new toys and a brief afternoon nap, we all headed over to Papa and Grandma Kathy's.












The kids got spoiled with presents, as usual :)

























































Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and I feel like it gets more and more special each year with Tycen and Shaylie. We are beyond blessed to have the love of family, friends and mostly the love of Christ in our lives. Merry Christmas!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." --John 3:16-17