Christmas Eve

We went to church for the Christmas candlelight service on Christmas Eve. At the end of the service, the lights are turned out and everyone holds a candle while we sing Silent Night by candlelight. I love it. We were hoping the kids could sit with us for the whole service, but they started to get a bit antsy about half way through, so we took them downstairs to the kidzone. Even thought they missed the candlelight song, they had a fun time in kidzone throwing a birthday party for Jesus :)












We made sugar cookies for Santa before church:









After church, we came home and played some games together (Memory & Orchard) before having a special family dinner (I made a yummy cheese and broccoli quiche):









After dinner, we frosted and decorated Santa's cookies:










And of course we had to sample Santa's cookies to make sure they were as yummy as they looked :)













Love these little posers, they're so sweet to always let their mommy take pictures :)


















The finished product...









Keeping with tradition, we all got to open one gift before bedtime:













Tyce and Shay got new Christmas PJs :)









Scott got a family calendar for 2012:









I've always wanted our whole family to get new PJs on Christmas Eve, but Scott never seemed too excited about the idea. I think this was the first year I didn't suggest that we all get PJs and I was so excited when I was surprised by new Christmas jammies!












Loving our new Christmas PJs (next year I'm going to have to get Scott a matching pair! :)












We let the kids open one extra gift this year...









...and played one more game, Candyland, before bedtime:









We put all of our kids gifts under the tree after they went to bed:









Every year Christmas has been so special with Tycen and Shaylie. We had such a wonderful Christmas Eve together as a family. They truly bring us so much happiness and joy and we couldn't think of a better way to spend this special day than together as a family.

"And the angel said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people.'" --Luke 2:10