Haij Twins Live!

Tycen and Shaylie put on their first live concert at Esther Short Park on August 17, 2011!












The Wednesday after the last summer concert, I was talking with the kids about what they wanted to do for the day since there weren't anymore concerts in the park. Tycen looked at me without hesitation and said, "I want to do a concert!" Of course, I thought this was a great idea! We talked about what instruments they wanted me to bring, Tyce wanted his guitar and microphone and Shaylie wanted her drum.

We did our usual run/lunch routine and then collected all of our 'gear' for their big debut :)
























These two are naturals...no stage fright here! There were even older kids eating their picnic lunch right up on stage with Tyce and Shay, but they still showed no hesitation:







Taking song requests from their fans:












If you look closely at the next picture, you can see that Tyce is pointing out at the 'crowd'. He's such a little ham :) There were several people close to the stage that were eating lunch and also watching Tycen and Shaylie's concert. Between songs, Tyce would stop and talk to the crowd, saying things like, "Hi there. How you all doing today? Good? Yeah. You eating lunch? Dancing?..." This was so hilarious; I've never heard him say this when he puts on concerts at home. He was such a good little performer and obviously took notes from all the musicians we watched this summer.












Tyce and Shay have such a love for music, I will be so surprised if one or both of them don't end up as musicians when they get older.

Great job at your first concert kiddos, I had the best time cheering you on :) I'm so proud of you two!!
Love, Mommy (your #1 fan!)