We went to the fair twice this year. The first time we went with my good friend, Valerie and her daughter, Kendal. Since Kendal is just 1 year old, we thought it'd be best to keep it fairly low-key (no rides :).
Checking out all the animals...
Bunnies:
Chickens and roosters:
Baby chicks:
Petting a chicken:
They kept saying, "He's so soft!" :)
They were a little creeped out by the turkey:
The kids love petting, hugging and feeding the animals in the petting zoo:
Cutest little baby pig! I think he was less than a week old:
This was the first year Tyce and Shay were big enough for the bounce house:
Fire trucks are always a hit:
We got to watch some of the dogs practicing for the dog dock (long-jump) competition, so hilarious :)
On our second trip to the fair, Daddy got to go with us! I wanted to be able to take the kids on some rides and I knew it wouldn't really be possible without my teammate there with us :)
The first thing we did was take this 'southern bell' family photo. I love these old photos, I think they're so much fun. Scott and I took a 'western' photo when we traveled to Northern Mexico together back in early 2005.
This was the first ride the kids went on...after they were buckled up they wanted off immediately. As soon as the cars started going around, though, they seemed to enjoy it:
After the first ride, it was pretty tough to convince the kiddos to go on anymore rides. They would say they wanted to go on a certain ride and as soon as we walked up to the line, they'd change their mind. They did end up going on a few more rides, but let's just say it took some strong encouragement :) We knew once they went on the ride, they'd enjoy it (which they did) but it was tough getting them to make it past the entrance gate.
Tyce and Mommy on the train (Shay didn't want to go):
Shay and Mommy on the swings (we couldn't convince T-man on this one):
Tyce and Daddy on the dragon roller-coaster (Shaylie was done with the rides at this point):
We were hoping to take the kids on the big ferris-wheel (in the background) but were surprised that the kids were too short...maybe next year!
Tyce was really excited to go on the carousel, probably because he knew what to expect :)
Eating lunch and watching the dogs long-jump:
After lunch, Daddy had to head back to work. The kids and I stayed for a little bit longer to feed the animals in the petting zoo again and browse around a bit more.
The kids loved this band and were dancing to the music:
Shaylie had a lot of fun in the bounce house. There were some other (bigger) kids bouncing, but Shay has no fear...she's one tough cookie and never seems to be intimidated by other kids. Tyce, on the other hand, decided to sit this one out. He's also pretty good about playing with other kids but for whatever reason didn't want to do any bouncing this time. Overall, he's not quite as assertive with other kids as Shaylie is (at this point, anyway).
Feeding the animals:
I had to include the adorable baby pig again :)
I love these last two pictures :)
As you can see, we had a very fun time at the fair this year. I'm so glad that we have a fair that is so close to our house and we can go to every year. It's so fun to watch the kids grow up and see what a different experience it is for them compared to the past two years. Until next year...



