Summer Concerts

Every year I look forward to the summer concerts at Esther Short Park! They're every Wednesday at noon and every Thursday at sunset. This summer, we went to nearly every Wednesday afternoon concert and one of the Thursday evening concerts (we also went to a random Saturday evening concert, too! :). Our kids LOVE music and we LOVE to watch them dance! It is such a great time!!










It was our routine this summer to go for about an hour-long jog along the Columbia river, through Fort Vancouver and downtown before watching the concerts at noon. It worked out so perfectly because I'd pack a lunch and the kids would eat during our run and then be ready for dancing once we got to the concert :)













Shaylie's favorite dance move is to move her arms in a large circle like a ballerina. She starts with her hands together in front of her chest then moves them up over hear head and opens her hands so that her arms drop out to her side and back together in front of her chest. I think she picked up this dance move from one of her cousins, either Aralia or Gracie. She loves it and uses it no matter if we're at a country, jazz, soul or rock concert :)
























She also loves to do quick pirouettes, too, which is too cute because it takes a lot of concentration :)













Tycey's favorite dance move is to play his air guitar. It's so adorable. I have to say, I will be very surprised if he isn't a musician someday.  


























One week, we met up with the Emily and 'the triplets':



I started to dress Tyce in one of his many guitar shirts for the concerts so that when he played his air guitar, he could pretend to play the one on his shirt :) ...he caught on quickly and would make sure to remind me he needed his guitar shirt on Wednesdays if I ever forgot! 
























Jammin' the air guitar:





They will always stop to pose for a picture...I'm such a lucky mommy!












Sometimes the music was a tad too loud :)












Checking out the water fountain at the park after the concert:












Love these two cuties!












One week, we met up with Grandma Kathy, Lynsey, Sam, Rachael and Gracie:














Daddy and Uncle Nick even met up with us during their lunch break, too! :)












The summer concerts are now over and I'm really going to miss our weekly ritual of a late morning stroller run, picnic lunch and live music. This may be the last summer that I can take the kids on a stroller run, as they are getting pretty tall (and heavy!) and quickly outgrowing their stroller. I'm sure that we'll continue to run this summer as long as the weather is nice, but we've really enjoyed the downtown run and the kids stay happy as they look forward to the concert incentive at the end :)















Daddy met us at the last concert:













Doing the chicken dance:
























This picture was taken just after the last concert was over (Shaylie has a mouthful of food :)







These summer concerts are definitely going to be some of my fondest memories with Tycen and Shaylie! I'm so grateful to be able to be home with them the majority of the time during the week!! They're my little buddies and there isn't a thing I'd rather do than spend time with them :)
 






Thank you Tyce and Shay for being so joyful and loving life to the fullest. Your laugh and upbeat/energetic spirit is so contagious; every week I'd get several comments from strangers about how much they enjoyed watching you dance, sing, perform and laugh :) Being your mommy and watching you grow every day brings me so much happiness...you truly brighten my days beyond imagination!