5 Year Anniversary

Scott and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on July 1, 2011. On Thursday, June 30th, I surprised Scott with a couples' massage at Portland Spa, followed by a nice dinner at McCormick and Schmick's on the waterfront.He's usually the one who feels responsible for planning our special dates, so I think he was happy that I told him I had this one covered....He said it was his "best date ever." :)

Since we drove to S. Oregon on our anniversary, we decided to do a bigger celebration a couple of weeks later. On July 15th, we went to Sun River for the weekend, just the two of us! It was our first time being away from the kids for more than one night, thanks to Grandma Jan who graciouslyoffered to fly up and stay at our house with Tycen and Shaylie!!



On our way to Sun River, we stopped at the alpine slide on Mt. Hood:













It was a beautiful day with gorgeous views from the chair lift:

















What a fun way to start off our weekend!  I think being a mom has made me less daring, or maybe it's my old age (ha!)....either way, let's just say I wasn't the fastest one down the slope!We got some great laughs, mostly at my expense, as I caused a bit of a traffic jam by the end of the ride :)










It was my first time to Sun River and I absolutely loved it! I'd love to make it an annual family vacation. Even though we went solo and had a fabulous time just the two of us, it's definitely a great place for kids. We stayed in the North end of the resort in a cute 3 bedroom condo that was equipped with several bicycles. It was so fun to be able to ride bikes wherever we wanted to go!







When we first arrived, we quickly took advantage of the sunshine and headed to the pool (we knew the first day was supposed to be the warmest and the only one without rain in the forecast).









After lounging at the pool together (which we haven't done in over 3 years, since before our kids were born!), we headed back to our condo to freshen up and get ready for dinner.  It was amazing how quickly the weather had turned and we enjoyed watching a flash flood outside as we were nice and cozy inside :)








Ready for the dash back to the car (it was a good thing we decided not to ride our bikes to dinner the first night! :)













The next morning, we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast together followed by a bike ride to the South end of the resort for coffee and a little shopping.












We still have fun together in a toy store, with or without our kids :)













On Saturday afternoon, we headed over to the driving range. Golfing is another activity we both enjoy, but again, haven't played together in well over 3 years.










After the driving range, we went for another bike ride to Maverick's, the workout center. It was fun to be able to lift weights together without being on a time crunch. We also had fun in the little arcade, playing air hockey and car racing.


We rode our bikes back to our condo and hung out for a bit before dinner. I taught Scott how to play Gin Rummy on our honeymoon and we used to play together fairly often. He is getting so much better at it and can now beat me some of the time...it used to be none of the time (haha... love you, babe! ;) It's been a while since we've played together and it was fun to be able to play again on our anniversary trip!








Some more pictures of our condo:









On Saturday evening, we headed back to the South end of Sun River to listen to some live music:














This picture shows part of the village area where the bounce houses are. They also have a miniature golf course and bumper cars, too. It's really a great place for kids and we definitely plan on taking Tyce and Shay next time we go!







Beautiful scenery on our drive to dinner:














We ate at this Mexican/Peruvian restaurant, Hola, right on the river:














On our drive home, we saw this cute family of deer with a Daddy, Mommy and two babies (twins, I'm sure :) 







On Sunday morning, we went for another bike ride to the South end of town for coffee:







We headed out of Sun River in the early afternoon. We had such an amazing weekend, it was the perfect way to celebrate our 5 year anniversary!

A few words for my amazing hubby....I am so much more in love with you today than I was the day we got married (which at the time, I didn't think was possible). We have such a deep connection and we have been through so much together that has helped us to grow both individually and more importantly, together. I thank the Lord for choosing you for me and know that I am beyond blessed to be sharing this journey with you as my partner! :) I love you with all of my heart.

As much fun as we had on our first get-away weekend without our kiddos, we were so very excited to come home and see Tycen and Shaylie!!

Playing on the 'surprise' we brought back for them:







Showing them pictures from our trip:







We know our trip would not have been nearly as relaxing and fun if we weren't certain our kids were not only being very well taken care of, but also happy as can be spending time with their wonderful Grandma Jan!! ThAnK YoU is simply not enough for what you did to allow us this opportunity to spend such quality time together...We are forever grateful! :)







To many, many more anniversaries...