Pre- Potty Training

Tyce and Shay both went potty for the first time on the toilet on November 23rd, just before Thanksgiving! It was just after their bath-time and Shaylie said she needed to go potty so daddy put her on the toilet (which we've done a number of times in the past, without any luck) and she actually went potty! Tyce was watching her and he saw how excited we got for her and he quickly said he also needed to go potty on the toilet, too (... of course ;)! I wasn't sure he'd actually go, but he did! We were so proud of them. Since then, Shaylie has tried to go several times and Tyce has gone a total of four times, including one #2! 

As of now, we are just putting the kids on the toilet when they tell us they have to go. We keep postponing our 'potty training in 3-days' boot-camp with the kiddos, mostly due to convenience. Potty training two toddlers at the same time isn't going to be easy and honestly, I'm dreading it a little bit. I keep thinking about what is going to happen when we're driving in the car and they tell me they have to go potty. And of course, when one has to go, usually the other decides they have to go at the same time. I can just picture us pulled off to the side of the road with two little potty chairs in the pouring rain, what a sight that will be :)

We plan to officially start potty training some time after the New Year. More updates to come as I'm sure we'll have lots of interesting stories to share.