County Fair 2010

We went to the Clark County Fair twice this year. The first time was with Grandma Jan...

Watching a concert by a teenage boy pianist...he was pretty impressive!










The second time we went, Scott got off work early and we met Grandma Kathy, Aunt Rachael and Cousin Gracie there.









Tyce and Shay got to go on a pony ride! Shay was a little apprehensive at first...










...but she warmed up to it after a few minutes :) 









Tyce was pretty excited about the whole thing!


















We went to the petting zoo where the kids got to pet and feed the animals!











































My little bunny petting a bunny :)









We love our sweet Gracie












Tyce was just tall enough to go on the rides this year (36 inches). I never would've thought I'd have him go on any rides this year but once we were there we decided, why not?! Gracie didn't have any other big kids with her, so it was nice for Tyce and I to go on some rides with her, too.

This is a picture of the first "ride" I took Tyce on. I didn't realize that I wasn't able to hold him on my lap until I was on my way up to the top of this ginormous slide. Scott was giving me the thumbs up and assuring me he'd be fine but I was extremely nervous. I think my heart just about burst out of my chest. In this picture I was trying to talk the guy who was in charge into letting me hold Tyce. Needless to say, Tyce did great and I don't think he was nervous at all...we ended up going down the slide 3 times!









Our second time down (this time we were racing Gracie)...as you can see, I pretty much 'held' him anyway :)









Tycen's face in this picture is priceless...pure joy! This was the only ride he went on without me. These cars went pretty fast for our little guy. He LOVED it for about the first 30 seconds, then I think he realized Scott and I weren't with him and panicked a bit. By the end of the ride, though, he came back around and was having fun again :)
























As you can see from the look on Shaylie's face in this picture, she started to come down with a virus and was feeling pretty sick by the time we got to the rides. She didn't really miss out because she wouldn't have been tall enough to go on any rides this year, anyhow. She was a trooper and watched Tyce go on a few rides before heading to the car with Daddy to rest a bit while Tyce and I used the rest of his tickets.













Tyce kept talking about this train ride after we left the fair. The only ride we didn't get a picture of was the carousel.  I couldn't believe how much fun he had and how brave he was for being less than 2 years old! He's definitely into the action!!









On our way back to the car, we were offered a ride from the transportation service (golf cart). Tyce was super excited and I could quickly tell that this would be up at the top of his list for best things about the fair. One of the many reasons I admire my children, they truly appreciate the simpler things in life :)