Here are some pictures taken over the past month:
Tyce always checks out the bigger kids' bikes and scooters at the park. Here are some pics of Shaylie trying to get in on the action:
Shaylie sadly gives in this time:
Shaylie saying 'hi' to the neighbors:
Tyce loves to play with balls:
Bubbles! Scott bought this bubble machine from Costco, it's pretty amazing and puts out enough bubbles to fill our backyard:
Love this little naked tooshie. Sorry, Tyce, I know someday you'll wish I didn't post this for all of our friends/family to see, but it's just too cute to resist :)
These pictures turned out a little fuzzy but they are so sweet, I had to share:
Eating lunch with our best buds, The Leigh Boys:
We met my good friend, April, and her new baby, Raeley, for lunch:
Shaylie was so sweet with little Raeley, she kept saying, 'baby' and wanted to gently touch and pet her head :)
Cute little Shay Shay, loves her sunglasses:
We took the kids to the local fire station for an open house. It was such a fun time, they both loved it!
Sitting inside the fire truck:
Tycen's most favorite activity these days is 'driving' cars:
Firefighter Tycen, to the rescue!
Posing with Cousin Gracie:
Tyce showing us his parting gift, a red balloon!
Tyce and Shay ate their first banana from the peel this past month. They eat bananas pretty frequently for breakfast, but usually they share one and I cut it up in small pieces. So, this was a nice treat for them:
Hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Haij:
Sweet little Shaylie pie:
We get creative with our outings these days. One afternoon I took them down to the train station to watch the trains go by and they got to pretend like they were driving at the same time. They loved it!
Tycen's favorite activity these days is playing in the car and pretending like he's driving. From the moment he wakes up he starts talking about the car and driving. We usually let them 'drive' at least once a day.
Lately Shaylie has been climbing in her car seat when I let them play in the car. I think she does it so she can suck on her binky (which is always clipped to her car seat). I love this picture of her with her sunglasses upside down :)
Tycen and Shaylie continue to look out for one another and for the most part they play together pretty well. When one wakes up from sleeping before the other, they always ask where their sibling is. They are hugging a lot more without prompting and when one is sad the other will comfort or tickle them and try to make them feel better. Just this past month they started holding hands when walking (also without prompting). It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. They are best buds and I hope they will continue to be close and look out for one another throughout life.
A few more new happenings this past month:
*Shaylie likes to fake sneeze and has said, "bless you" to Tycen after he sneezes
*Tycen is continuing to talk a little more and more and has said, "Amen" after our night time prayer, among other words
*Shaylie LOVES holding hands and always asks me to hold her hand when she's in her car seat
*Kids have been sleeping better the past few weeks and have rarely been waking up throughout the night. They usually go to bed between 7 and 8 pm. Shaylie has been consistently sleeping past 8 am and sometimes she even sleeps til 9 am. Tyce usually wakes between 7 and 8 am. They are both still taking one afternoon nap that has been lasting at least 2 hours.
*Starting on June 16th, I am now only nursing one time per day (morning). I will probably completely wean them July 1st (Scott and my 4th wedding anniversary!)
*Tyce gained 1 lb within the past month (he now weighs 26 lbs!). Shaylie hasn't been weighed for a few weeks, but was about 24 lbs the last time she was weighed. I'm guessing she's probably close to 25 lbs now.
It is amazing how well Tyce and Shay can communicate with us now. I feel like I have two little buddies with me all day and just love talking, singing, dancing and playing with them all day long. They have their moments and will throw tantrums when they are tired and upset, but it is typically short lived. I'm just so proud of them. I'm extremely grateful for Scott's love and dedication to our family; he works so hard and without his support I wouldn't be able to be a (mostly) stay-at-home mommy. I have never been so happy in my life! Praise God :)


