
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.~ John 11:25-26.
We had a very special Easter weekend, starting with attending the Good Friday service at church on Friday evening. It was during our kids bedtime, so we fed them dinner, gave them baths and put them in their jammies before heading out the door to church. What better way to finish off our nighttime routine than singing worship songs and reflecting on Christ's sacrifice for us at church before being put to bed!
All snuggled up in the car, ready to go:
Sitting in the back of church, just in case things got a little too noisy (which, of course they did by the end...not too shabby, though, considering it was past their bedtime :)


My cousin Katie with Shay Shay:

On Easter morning, we all went to church. Shaylie and I stayed in the sanctuary the entire service (although I'm not sure how much I actually absorbed, holding a squirmy toddler is a little distracting!), while Scott and Tyce went down to the Kidzone shortly after worship.
On Saturday afternoon, we had a lot of Burke Family visitors! Everyone arrived just before Tyce and Shay woke from their nap and, boy were they surprised to see a house full of family guests when they got up :)
I love this picture of Kai and I with my grandparents:
Silly Oma:
Kai sharing his favorite toys with Tyce:
My cousin Katie with Shay Shay:
Grandma Sally with Kai:
On Easter morning, we all went to church. Shaylie and I stayed in the sanctuary the entire service (although I'm not sure how much I actually absorbed, holding a squirmy toddler is a little distracting!), while Scott and Tyce went down to the Kidzone shortly after worship.
They both were worn out after a fun morning at church and fell asleep in the car on the way home:
No candy this year kiddos...just some fun new toys (and some old ones, too, which they still seemed pretty excited about) hiding inside Easter eggs. Luckily, they have no idea what they're missing out on :)
I have a lot of pictures of Tycen playing with this toy, I think he'd have been more than happy if this was the only thing in his Easter basket. Funny thing is that it was actually in Shaylie's basket, but thankfully she was happy to share it with her brother :)
Shaylie, cute-as-can-be, all dressed up:

After their nap, we went to my Aunt Peggy's house and got to spend more time with my family. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out all the settings on our new camera and a lot of the pictures turned out blurry.
Enjoying her Easter toys:
After their nap, we went to my Aunt Peggy's house and got to spend more time with my family. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out all the settings on our new camera and a lot of the pictures turned out blurry.
(from left to right and top to bottom) Grandma Sally, Cousins Jill and Katie, Aunt Carol, Tyce and Cousin John:







