Kidzone!

Tyce and Shay had their first experience in the Church daycare (Kidzone) this past Sunday! Actually, this is their first experience in any daycare. Up to this point, they've only been watched by Grandma Haij and Grandma Dawn at their own house.

Scott and I have been talking about how we'd like for them to start going to Kidzone so we can attend church more regularly again. We've both agreed to wait until cold/flu season is over and although cold season isn't quite over yet, our pediatrician assured us that the flu hasn't been seen since early January. So, we thought we'd see how things go in hopes that they can be comfortable in the Kidzone by Easter Sunday.

Getting acclimated:



As you can see from the pictures, Tyce had no problem making himself right at home.

Shaylie was soooooo cute and sweet. She was very shy and I'm not sure she took more than 3 steps the entire time we were there.

"Is it time to go yet?"

I figured that I'd probably be staying in the room with them the majority of the time while Scott went to service. I did try to sneak out of the room twice just to see how they'd do. The first time Tyce started crying within about 1 minute (and when I say crying, I mean yelling very very loudly....those of you who've heard him cry know exactly what I mean) and I returned right away. The second time Tyce again started crying right after he realized I was gone and I waited to see if he'd calm down without me. Well, it was quite obvious that wasn't going to happen, he's a very persistent little guy :)

It's so funny to see how different our kids are. Tyce seemed to acclimate very quickly and was running around, climbing and exploring all the new toys, acting as if he didn't even know I was in the room. As soon as I left the room, though, he completely lost it. Shaylie, on the other hand, refused to even walk across the room and wasn't even slightly interested in playing with the toys, but when I left the room she barely made a peep. She did cry a little bit, but I think it was a reaction to Tycen being upset.

Oh, well...better luck next time!