I had so much help from family and friends and I cannot thank you all enough for dropping everything in your own busy lives to help make Tyce and Shay Shay's rooms so special!
Shaylie's butterfly and flower room:
Grandma Haij painted both Tycen and Shaylie's rooms while we were away on vacation in San Diego so that they wouldn't have to smell the fumes while the paint dried. Does she LOVE her grandkids, or what!?! She also bought the butterfly mobiles above Shaylie's crib and also the airplane mobile above Tycen's crib (...not to mention many of the other adorable decorations and gadgets in their rooms!). Notice Shay Shay sitting in her chair below :)
My aunt Peggy painted the flowers around Shaylie's name and did the stripes in Shaylie's room with my aunt Nancy (3 of her walls are solid pink and one wall has darker pink stripes). They spent their entire Saturday one weekend working on these stripes (long story :), which was so so kind of them!
Tycen's airplane room (with some cars and boats, too):
Scott's good friend, Matt Newcombe, owns a graphic design company and did this wall art in Tycen's room. I came up with the idea and the phrase (which was inspired by a Bible verse) and I couldn't be any happier with the way it turned out! Isn't it cool?!

My aunt Peggy helped me do the stripes in Tycen's room:

This dresser is one I've had for years and years and I've been wanting to get rid of it, but decided I'd paint it and put new knobs on it instead. I'm happy with how it turned out and don't think I could've found a dresser to match his room more perfectly :)
This dresser is one I've had for years and years and I've been wanting to get rid of it, but decided I'd paint it and put new knobs on it instead. I'm happy with how it turned out and don't think I could've found a dresser to match his room more perfectly :)
Grandpa Haij and our family friend (who's also a general contractor), Terry Hiller, put the chair rail up. I had painted it black originally, but it needed some touch up after Grandpa put the caulking on and so he helped us with that along with Scott.
Thanks, again, to everyone who put in the time and effort to help us make our kids rooms so special! I love that they both have a their own little haven and know that they will appreciate it more and more the older they get.




