A Letter from Mommy

Alyssa Hope, my sweet little momma's girl,

I'm writing you this letter right before your first birthday. As I write this, I know these words will not be enough to convey the depth of my love for you, but I will do my best to share my heart, prayers and hopes for you, my sweet Alyssa Hope.

Ever since I was a young girl, I always envisioned myself having three children someday. Soon after I became pregnant with your older siblings, the LORD gave me a clear sign and I knew that someday we'd have a third child. It was at this time, years before you were born, that God planted a seed of abounding love for you deep within my heart and I started to think of you, pray for you and love you.

When I became pregnant with you very quickly after trying, I knew without a doubt the LORD had very special plans for you. It was such a gift to be pregnant with you so quickly after struggling with infertility for over a year with your siblings. Part of me felt scared for you because of how premature your siblings were born. I spent much of my pregnancy with you praying God would protect you and keep you safely growing inside of me until you were big and strong enough to come straight home from the hospital after you were born. I placed my complete trust and hope in the LORD and He blessed my pregnancy and birth experience with you beyond my greatest hopes. I am forever grateful for the way you entered this world and that I could be a part of that miracle. You truly are the greatest testimony of HOPE in my life, my dear, sweet lovey girl, Alyssa Hope.

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
--Romans 15:13

You have such a sweet, loving, smart, funny, feisty, joyful and determined personality. I know the LORD blessed you with these characteristics so that you may accomplish your goals, heart's desire and God's will for your life.

"Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed." --Proverbs 16:3

You light up a room with your beautiful smile, adorable dimples and joyful innocence. I pray you are always in touch with these admirable and infectious characteristics. Xoxo

My prayer for you, Lyssie, is that you will love the LORD with all your heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark: 12:30). God will not keep you from hard times, sweetie, but He will use those hard times to shape and mold you into the best person you can be and He will always give you the strength you need to get through.

"God is faithful and He will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with your testing He will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." --1 Corinthians 10:13

There will be things we won't understand in this life and that is okay; we must always have faith and trust in God and His plan for us. I pray that you commit your life to Jesus Christ at a young age so that you may always feel His strength, security and fulfillment in your life (Ephesians 3:16-20).

We have such an amazing bond, Lyssie Lou. You are so very special to me and I will always treasure you and the strong connection we share that I pray will only get stronger as we grow older. In your first year of life, you have brought me more joy than I ever thought possible. You are growing up so fast (too fast). I have absolutely loved every moment of being your mommy. I chose a sunshine theme for your first birthday party because You are My Sunshine, Booboo. Bright as the sun, you light up the world!

"…in your presence, there is fulness of joy." --Psalm 16:11

Please never forget how much I love you, support you and believe in you. I will always be there for you, Lyssie, no matter what. You are my little angel girl and I love you with all my heart. I look forward to each day I get to spend with you, watching you grow, teaching you, and learning from you. God bless you!

Love,
Mommy