I took Tycen and Shaylie to the movie theater for the first time at the end of the summer. We went to the new Cinetopia theater in the Vancouver Mall and saw the movie, The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure. This movie was rated as having the worst wide release debut ever....ha! Although it was a bit strange, I actually thought it was a perfect first movie to take the kids to. In my opinion, too many new movies are scary, violent or inappropriate for young kids. The Oogieloves didn't have a bad guy or any violence, which is probably why it didn't get a good turn out, because it wasn't dramatic enough. I definitely thought it was pretty weird at times, but in a harmless way. It was also really cute because every child who went to the movie was given a glow stick and the movie was interactive and encouraged kids to get out of their seat and dance to all of the (weird :) songs. Most importantly, Tycen and Shaylie loved it and still ask me at times if we can go see The Oogieloves again :)
On the edge of their seats...
Lounging...
Dancing:
Popcorn!
The kids got to pick out a couple pieces of candy from the sweet shoppe before the movie started...

After the movie, we did a little school clothes shopping. It was a little crazy with two energetic almost 4 year olds and a slow pregnant momma, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to do much shopping after the baby was born. Tycen and Shaylie don't love shopping but did what they could to stay entertained :)
It was a special experience to take Tycen and Shaylie to the movie theater for the first time! I'd love to be able to take them more often, but like I mentioned, I often don't approve of the movies that are in theaters for their age and it will also be hard with a new baby, knowing that I won't want her to watch any television/movies for at least a couple of years. Oh well, the Oogieloves will have to do for a while (don't you just love that name?! :)