Words of Wisdom

We heard a great quote at church this weekend that I want to make sure to pass on to my children because I think it's so great....

"If God is not established as 'The Voice' in your life, you will be easily influenced by any voice in your life."

There are so many things in this world that can disappoint you and hurt you. It will be easy to make the wrong decisions or hang out with the wrong crowd (trust me, I learned this the hard way). If we don't keep our minds and hearts on the Lord, we will be lost and easily influenced by negative people or situations that are not in your best interest.

Someday, it will be so important to establish your own relationship with Christ and allow Him to work IN you. You will grow up knowing your dad and mom's faith and beliefs and when you are young, you will likely lean on those beliefs and make them your own. But, at some point you will need to reflect on what you have learned and make the choice on your own to have faith in the Lord or not have faith in the Lord.

I will be praying daily for the rest of my life that you will take the same step that your daddy and I took, for there is no greater joy in life than experiencing the love that Jesus Christ has for you!