These were our first zucchinis...we have had lots this year!
Lots and lots of yummy cherry tomatoes, too!

I planted way too many carrot seeds that were way too close to one another, which has made for some teeny-tiny carrots. These are the biggest we've gotten so far. I keep trying to space them out, but so far haven't had too much luck with the carrots this year.
We hadn't checked the zucchinis for a couple of days and this is what we found :) The kids and I made two loaves of zucchini bread and two batches of zucchini muffins with this one zucchini!
More zucchini and itty-bitty carrots :)
We hadn't gotten any peppers all summer and hadn't checked the plant in a few days (only one of our two pepper plants survived)...this is what we found and there's more that are growing :)
Heirloom tomatoes...we have yet to enjoy one this year. A lot have grown but they are all brown on the bottom, which is apparently a watering/soil issue. Hopefully we'll get at least one or two before the summer is over!
Pumpkins! We can't believe how huge our pumpkin plant has gotten! We have 3 big pumpkins, which will be great for Halloween and our 3 little pumpkin children :)
The strawberries are making a comeback!! I planted lots and lots of strawberries this year, knowing how much our family loves them. Unfortunately, they all died quickly in June because of our late start to summer and the lack of sun/lots of rain. They are ever-bearing (bloom twice/year) bushes, though, and are making a comeback now. We were so excited to all enjoy one little strawberry after dinner tonight! :)
We also got some yummy lettuce at the beginning of the summer. I thought it would keep growing throughout the whole summer, but after the first round it didn't come back. I've heard different reasons as to why, but it may have to do with the type of lettuce that I planted? I'll have to do a little more research before planting next year :)
This year has definitely been a learning experience, but it's been fun for our whole family. I'm sure we'll plant a little bit differently each year and as the kids get older I'm hoping they'll get into the whole process even more. It's so great to have these garden boxes! Thanks, again, daddy and Papa for all your hard work in making them for us!! :)






