We went to BiZi Farms Pumpkin Patch with my MOMS group a couple of weeks before Halloween. We had intended to go again as a family, but it didn't work out that way with our schedule and the weather. My camera battery died shortly after we got to BiZi Farms and I didn't have my cell phone with me so I only got a couple of pictures....
This was the first year we carved pumpkins with the kids! They were somewhat intrigued in helping scoop out the middle, but lost interest quickly and didn't love getting their hands all goopy--especially Tyce, he has a mild aversion to certain textures on his hands (which as a PT, I have to say that this is the perfect sensory integration activity for him ;).
The finished product...we named him, Floyd :)
On the Wednesday before Halloween, the kids and I dressed up to my MOMS group meeting:
LOVE my little monkeys!

Of course, they had to try on mommy's wig :)
I took the kids to story time at the library the week of Halloween and they made these cute spider hats:
On the Friday before Halloween, we went to our church Harvest Festival which is basically a big carnival. Scott and I decided it'd be fun to dress up with the kids, which they loved :)
I let Tyce and Shay pick between wearing their monkey costumes or one of their other dress-up costumes they have at home. They chose these, which I was kind of glad about since their monkey costumes would've been really hot inside.
Shaylie the spider:
I put her hair in 8 different ponytails to represent her spider legs :)
T-man the construction worker:
We got to play with Gracie at the carnival, which was an added bonus :)
I know these pictures didn't turn out at all, but I wanted to include them because they had a lot of fun on the bounce house.
There were so many games and activities for the kids to do at the carnival, it was a lot of fun. It was especially nice having a carnival at church because you don't have to worry about the traditional 'scary' Halloween costumes.
I took the kids to our gym party on Halloween day:
Our little pumpkin puppy:
These kiddos just adore little Sydney bean:
After naps, I took the kids over to Papa and Grandma Kathy's house for a little trick-or-treating :)
After dinner, we took the kids trick-or-treating around our block. It was their first year trick-or-treating (last year we stayed home and handed out candy to other kids) and the kids first taste of Halloween candy.
Tyce and Shay got to pick out 2 pieces of Halloween candy when we got home. The next day, we took all of their candy (and yes, I mean all of their candy :) to their dentist, where they sent it off to the troops. We told the kids that we only can eat Halloween candy on Halloween and they didn't seem to mind...we'll see how long we can get away with this one!! :)
Drawing pictures to be sent to the troops along with their Halloween candy:
Some of the Halloween crafts we made:
Tycen's...
Shaylie's...
The holidays are SO much fun this year! The kids get so excited about all of the activities and I just love watching the joy in their eyes as they re-learn things from the past few years all over again. We are very much looking forward to Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!! :)



