...We have lots of visitors and PLAY!
We are SO fortunate to have such great family that love us and to want to come visit and spend time with us. Scott traveled to New Orleans for 5 days for a real estate convention. This was the longest he's been away from the kids (and possibly me, too, since we've been married!). Thankfully, we were blessed with some very special visitors while he was gone.
Oma and Kai stayed with us the first night Scott was gone. We had a lot of fun playing together at the park and riding bikes (Kai and Tyce) before dinner on Thursday night.
On Friday morning, we all had breakfast and then went down to my grandparents house. My aunt Nancy and aunt Peggy were there, too, along with my cousin Kristin :) It was so nice to visit with everyone. They live much too close to not see them more often than we do!
The boys:
Shay Shay and 'Gramma Sally':
Aunt Kolleen ('Queen') drove all the way up from S. Oregon to visit us for the next two nights. Cousin Ray Ray stayed home for a daddy weekend, so Aunt Queen came solo (well, not exactly solo ... she does have a little bun in the oven :). We felt so special that she would drive all the way up for a little 'get-away' when she's 22 weeks pregnant because, well, let's face it, staying at our house isn't exactly the most relaxing place to be.
What a great auntie she is! Our kids are still talking about Aunt Queen, even a couple of weeks after she's been gone. We love you so much and always wish we lived closer!
Thank you SO much to Oma, Kai and Aunt Queen for making our long weekend without daddy a memorable one! We love spending time with you and we're so thankful that you made the effort to come and play with us. We love you.
On a completely separate side note...
Tyce made a new discovery while daddy was gone that I wanted to document for future reminiscing (not that I think I'll ever forget it). The first night that Aunt Queen stayed with us, I was awoken in the wee hours of the morning to a very upset little 'T-Man'. When I went into his room, I found him lying in his crib without any pants or diaper on and soaked in his own urine, along with his sheets, blankets, dolls, etc. I chose to give him the best sponge bath I could and change his bedding until the morning when I'd give him a bath. By the time I finished, we didn't have much more time to sleep until it was time to be up for the morning. Well, that time was cut a little short when I heard him crying out for a second time... yep, I walked in to the same exact situation. This time we went straight to the bath and got all cleaned up before Shaylie awoke.
Tyce is usually pretty good about listening when I tell him that he's not supposed to do something. So, I was hoping that taking off his diaper twice was just a fluke and maybe something he only did that one night because he was especially sleepy, maybe even dreaming?! No such luck. I had considered changing him into zip up pjs at nap time the next day but decided against it because 'that would be too much work' to change him in/out of jammies in the middle of the day. Well, about 10 minutes after I put him down for a nap, he started crying and again, I found the same situation...pants/diaper off, urine everywhere. At this point I was really wishing I'd have put him in the jammies.
That night, I didn't want to take any chances and dressed him in zip up pjs. In the morning I found him with jammies and diaper on...phew! I'm not sure why, but that afternoon at nap time I was pretty certain that he wouldn't try this trick again. Big mistake. After about 20 minutes, I heard him crying and walked in to a stinky mess. Yes, this time he had taken his diaper off and had a huge poopy right in the middle of his bed. Gross! I picked him up and felt really bad for him because he seemed pretty upset. I started looking him over to see if I had to give him a bath or just change his sheets. That's when I saw it...poop in his hair, on his hand and even a little bit on his binky. Then I looked down and saw it on my shirt and arm, too. Oh, the joys of being a mommy :) After a very thorough bath and yet another bedding change, Tyce went down for a nap in his zip up jammies. And then Shay Shay woke up. Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted by the time daddy came home!
After some great advice from friends on how to deal with this diaper situation, I started to put his diaper on backwards during naps and he slept in zip up pjs for several days. It has been a couple of weeks and he hasn't attempted to take off his pants/diaper since this last poopy escapade, so hopefully it will soon just be a distant (and very gross yet admittedly comical) memory. Love you, Buggy Bear! :)


